Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Resolved Making A Bootstrap Modal Scrollable

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi, again...

I'm using a bootstrap modal on this page, at the very bottom, just above the footer: http://www.designsbyfelicia.com/services/space-planning-services/

It's the purple link that reads "click here to read the terms and conditions"

What do I need to do in order to make this modal "scrollable" so reader can review the whole text???

Thanks

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Another customer asked this previously and based on the developer's insight, it's not possible to add a modal that is scrollable. If there is so much content being added to a modal that a scrollbar is required, the content should just be added to the page content area instead.

Posted · Report post

I see. OK... I think I can achieve the same thing (allowing people to read the terms and conditions without leaving the page) by using the accordion shortcode

Thanks!

Posted · Report post

You're welcome

Posted · Report post

The topic was marked as resolved.

Posted · Report post

It is very much possible to make the modal scrollable!

All you need to do is to set a max-height on the .modal-body class. This will cause the scrolling to happen whenever the content is larger than the modal's body area. A max-height of 500px would be a good starting point but you can adjust that to whatever works best for you.

If you don't want to set the max-height on every modal on your site, you can specify the html id of your modal by using the shortcode's hash attribute like so:

[pl_modal type="btn" hash="browns" label="click me!"]...long content...[/pl_modal]

This will create a modal with an html id of "modal_browns". In summary:

/* all modals */

.modal-body {

max-height: 500px;

}

/* just this one */

#modal_browns .modal-body {

max-height: 300px;

}

3 people like this