• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mmalfatti

mmalfatti

• Members

• 13 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:38 PM

Hello,

I was trying to add some customization to my website on which I run Platform Pro. For the first couple of tweaks, it should be enough to make use of the custom code section, but I understand that for larger sets customizations this is best done by customizing a child theme.

I was wondering how to hide a section which is inserted in a template area of global scope, but only in certain pages. I've been browsing the docs and the forums, which gave me a general idea of how things are done, but without finding a solution for a specific problem:

what got me stuck is how to hide the universal sidebar in the morefoot area, on every page displaying a blog post.

I would appreciate any help with this issue.

Best regards

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:05 PM

It's possible with custom CSS:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Are you already using Firebug?

#3 mmalfatti

mmalfatti

• Members

• 13 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:14 PM

I am actually using Chrome inspector, is Firebug a better tool?
I've been successfully inspecting some problems I had with a couple of forms, and the Chrome tool did it for me.

Ok, supposing I want to hide this universal sidebar as I wrote, I find myself a bit confused: do I have to work on the sidebar class or on the post template customization?

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:11 PM

I'm unsure if you have PlatformPro or PageLines Framework.

In PlatformPro, you'd have to use Chrome's tools or Firefox's Firebug to identify the universal-sidebar and use CSS to display:none; .

In PageLines Framework, this is simply a matter of hiding the section on the Page Options.

Have you considered upgrading to Framework if you're still on PlatformPro?

#5 mmalfatti

mmalfatti

• Members

• 13 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:35 AM

Rob, thank you for the reply.

In fact, I got the names wrong. What I am using is the Framework, developer edition.

I was trying to achieve the hiding of the universal sidebar from the morefoot area by using custom CSS, because ideally I want it to be hidden in any post, not only on single ones.

Is it possibile and is it reasonable?

Many thanks, and sorry for the misunderstanding, I'm a bit new to this and still quite confused.

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 13192 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:45 AM

Hi,

If you wish to hide a section for a specific post/page, you can do this by going to your Wordpress Admin Dashboard > Pages/Posts > Select the Page/Post and then scroll down to the PageLines Meta Settings. Once there, you can hide specific sections for that page, by checking the box.

If you wish to hide a section for all Posts or all Pages, you will need to hide the section by default and display it by unchecking the box on your Posts/Pages. To hide by default a section, go to PageLines > Drag & Drop, then select the template which has the section you wish to hide. Once there, click the "Options" button on the section, then check "hide by deault".

Once this has been set, this section will be hidden until you go to your Posts/Pages editor and check the show box, on the PageLines Meta Settings.

#7 mmalfatti

mmalfatti

• Members

• 13 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:28 AM

Thank you very much for the clear explanation.
It was a matter of reversing the way of seeing the matter!
You've been of great help, I really appreciate it.

Best regards

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 13192 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:39 AM

The topic was marked as resolved.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Resolved