1 reply to this topic

#1 dsh83

dsh83

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:37 PM

Hi there, my layout works great in all tested browsers on OS X, iOS, Android and all browsers on Windows 7 apart from... IE9.

Navigation broken, styles, page layout, google fonts, jQuery not loaded. A mess. Please see the attached screen shot of my live site on Windows with site open in Firefox (version 16.0.1). Pagelines, Wordpress and all plugins (only very mainstream) are up to date.

Site URL:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I read on another thread something about 'compatibility' mode in IE9. All help very gratefully received.

Warm regards,

David

Attached Files

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:02 AM

IE9 has difficulty with some CSS. For example, it doesn't accept text shadow, used in our NavBar, or any shadows, as used to offset the page area from the background. It can also reject some background options, such as supersize.

These are, unfortunately, known problems with IE9, not simply with PageLines. For instance, WordPress (not PageLines) allows you to resize your images through the image tools. Yet, IE9 does not allow the resized image to appear, and instead displays the image full size. In any WP site, this results in the image displaying behind the sidebars.

I suspect that your background is there, behind the page color, not expanded for the problems IE9 has with supersizing.

It may simple require a different background image of much larger size.