Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Resolved Morefoot Right Widget Displaying Incorrectly On Phone Device

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

I recently added some widgets to the Morefoot area of my blog - www.absolutelymerle.com

The Problem

I have widgets in Morefoot Left, Morefoot Middle and Morefoot Right. Everything displays fine on a computer, but when I brought up the website on my iPhone, the text widget (labelled "Disclaimer") in Morefoot right is cut off down the middle - the right half of the text (and the widget border is missing).

I do not own an android, so I have no idea how it displays on other phone devices.

Background Info

In my layout settings I use the following options for my site: "Static with Pixel Width" and "Fixed-width Mode".

When setting up this site, I used the CSS plugin to alter the appearance of the widgets - in particular, adding a grey background to the widget headers and specifying its size and length in terms of pixels. For example:

h3.widget-title {

background-color: #f2f2f2 !important;

padding-bottom: 6px !important;

padding-left: 6px !important;

padding-right: 35px !important;

padding-top: 6px !important;

}

My incorrect solution

With much regret, I altered the option on my site from "Static Pixel Width" to "Responsive With Pixel Width". The problematic widget suddenly displayed in its entirety, but it created a new problem. For all the widgets on my site, the grey title background extended to the right, beyond each widget's right border........ So I changed the pixel-padding to x.em value instead. Still no luck!

My question

Is there any way of getting the Morefoot Right text widget to display correctly on a phone device whilst keeping the "Static Pixel Width" option? (I much prefer "Static Pixel Width" to the other alternatives.) In fact, is there a way of getting the problematic widget to to display correctly so that it works with all three layout handling options in PageLines?

Many thanks in advance!!!

2 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

HI,

I have just tested this and it does indeed appear to be a minor layout bug. I have reported this for you on our tracker.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

The topic was marked as resolved.