Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Force Page Layout Type Within A Custom Section Or In Functions.php For A Cpt

Question

Posted · Report post

Is there a hook or something I can put in a custom section that forces a full-width page layout (i.e. no right or left sidebars) if the site default layout has a sidebar area?

Or maybe just something to put in functions.php that says "if CPT type = 'myowncpt', force full-width page layout" ?

Thank you.

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Unfortunately, this question speaks to a coding customization that requires the assistance of a professional web developer, experienced with PageLines and WordPress.

As much as I'm eager to assist, most of us are not trained coders, and thus we provide a group of developer pros at http://www.pagelines.com/pros

Posted · Report post

Simon or anyone else able to reply? Maybe point me to a developer documentation or video or just add some code here? Thank you.

Posted · Report post

Not sure how that helps since it's not PageLines-specific. Are there some PageLines hooks to tie into -- one or more hooks / examples to point me to?

Posted · Report post

A hook wouldn't be useful in this case (a hook is for adding content to certain parts of a layout). The adjustment would need to be done with another customization in the code.