How To Remove Menu Items From Footer?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tirediron

tirediron

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:13 AM

With the help of the people here (Thanks!), I've made significant progress on my website, and have sorted out 99% of the "issues". One remains that's puzzling me. I've enabled a footcol in but all I want to appear in it is the "This website..." line at the bottom of the page

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

but I DO NOT want the "John's Photography" title, "Pages" or menu items that appear above it. Can I remove everything but the copyright line, and if so, where?
Thanks!

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15788 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:59 AM

Hi,

What you can do is go to PageLines > Drag and Drop > Footer template and remove all the active sections. Then add either the Full Width Sidebar sections, once added go to Wordpress admin dashboard > Appearance > Widgets and in the Full Width Sidebar widget area, add a text widget.

To the Text Widget add your copyright information and then save. You may need to apply custom CSS, to position the text correctly.

#3 francojoint

francojoint

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3.3

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:13 PM

Hi @Danny you're so kind that I'd like to ask you something else: what if I want to change the text of those titles in the footer like "PAGES", "THE LATEST", "MORE" leaving the Footer Columns Sidebar? Thanks :)

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:55 PM

Hi there, if you're adding the text/links manually using the full width sidebar then you can do this using html. Just paste the html (including the links) into a blank text widget and save.

You can find out more about using html to manually create links here

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content