social icon boxes remove

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 zhonghao

zhonghao

• Members

• 101 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:13 AM

Thanks for the previous help on getting a new image/icon into the branding section for Sina Weibo follow. I have now enabled 'ShareThis' plugin which seems great and has the 'share' button for Sina Weibo. Problem is that the buttons/icons load in my boxes which not only makes the page look cluttered but also makes the loading time for the page very slow. Does anyone know of a way I can get the icons to only load at the bottom of the page and not in the boxes ? Tried all the forum topics but no-one seems to have asked this problem - or is this something I should be asking ShareThis ? Thanks.

#2 zhonghao

zhonghao

• Members

• 101 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:15 AM

Sorry but forgot to supply the lik to my page so people can see what I mean. Address is www.bodyworksasia.cn

#3 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:29 AM

See if the plugin has a setting to show in Custom Post Types.

If it does, deactivate that setting.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:42 AM

I just looked at the plugin and it does not appear to have any option to hide it in a custom post type. It also embeds in a simple <p> tag, so it can't even be hidden via CSS without taking away the blurb in the box.

Seems like you need a different plugin or support from Share This to hide it in Custom Post Types.

#5 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:52 AM

Hi there,

Is this the plugin http://wordpress.org...ins/share-this/

I've just checked out the widget and according to their documentation they're are other options available to display. Such as a floating sidebar or a panel at the edge of the page. You'll need to adjust some of the settings, there's some screenshots of the different options below.

http://wordpress.org...is/screenshots/

#6 zhonghao

zhonghao

• Members

• 101 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:54 AM

Thanks for such a prompt response guys. Yes James you are correct with the plugin. I have looked through the settings options and the support on the Share This website but don't see anything similar to my needs. There is however an option in the settings for modifying HTML tags which I don't understand quite frankly and may be useful. The most obvious choice for me is to simply have the floating bar and not the other icons placed on the page however I am not finding the setting which can allow me to have just the sidebar and not the others which seems very strange. I will send a request to the developers and see what I get back. Thanks.

#7 zhonghao

zhonghao

• Members

• 101 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:08 AM

Ok so silly me - I had selected the option for not loading on posts when in actual fact the pages I was checking were both page of posts so in fact I needed to unselect the option for loading in a page. Now the I can get the Floating Sidebar to load by itself. Not the solution I really wanted but at least it looks ok and works. Thanks

#8 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:16 PM

The topic was marked as resolved.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Resolved, social icon, boxes, remove