Photo
- - - - -

How do we implement menu in a page, related to content area, without creating more pages?

Menu Pagelines Content area

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tinus123

tinus123

• Members

• 6 posts
  • LocationThe Hague
  • Framework Version:2.3 developer

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:00 PM

In one of the pages in a website we want to introduce a sidebar-menu on the left. In a content-area on the right we want to present content related to the menu presented on the left. Visitor would be able to navigate through this menu without refreshing to page (new url), because only the content in the content-area changes by selecting a new menu-item. How can we do this within Pagelines, if not, Wordpress, Twitter Bootstrap or code?

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:59 AM

Hi there, I'm not sure you'll be able to do this inside the framework because of the way its setup, you might be best of talking to and possible hiring a Pagelines Pro. I'll leave this post open as another moderator might have a solution or workaround for you.

www.pagelines.com/pro/

#3 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:20 AM

I've just checked with the team and they've suggested you try this method of loading the page into a div or Iframe using Ajax. We can't guarantee this will work without conflict, so you'll need to check it carefully and backup any important information.

Link to the method is below:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Menu, Pagelines, Content area