Photo
- - - - -

Best way to implement a full multi-page parallax

parallax

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 etcio

etcio

Advanced Member

• Members

• 68 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:22 PM

I'm not new to development and design, but I'm new to the Pagelines framework. I've been taking the last few days to make myself acquainted with the framework to see just how flexible it is. I know that theoretically, Pagelines could do "anything" - but it may take more finagling than warranted.

Thusly, I wanted to ask the "pros" on the forums for the "best practices" in implementing a full screen, multi-page parallax design, E.g.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Even though you could conceivably implement it with the base theme and lots of customization, the fact that you'd have to put all the content in the single page doesn't seem efficient. As such, a child theme is probably the best option.

So, is PageLines even an efficient solution for such a layout? Should most of the implementation be hard coded in the child theme or maybe added as a plugin or custom section? If the latter, which one?

Thanks for any advice or insight you can provide!

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17600 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:49 AM

Hi,

I think the best way to implement this would possibly be a section. However, PHP/Javascript/jQuery are not my forte at the moment. Therefore, the best course of action would be to probably contact one of our Pros and ask for advice, the Pros will be able to assist you.

#3 etcio

etcio

Advanced Member

• Members

• 68 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:09 PM

Conceivably, I'd be a "pro" - I just wanted some opinions from others as to what the best method of implementation would be.

Is the best practice really to use a section to pull multiple pages worth of information or the like?

Perhaps this forum is too fundamental for this type of an inquiry. The dev center more appropriate?

Hi,

I think the best way to implement this would possibly be a section. However, PHP/Javascript/jQuery are not my forte at the moment. Therefore, the best course of action would be to probably contact one of our Pros and ask for advice, the Pros will be able to assist you.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

If you have a developer license, you can, I believe, participate in developer groups rather than this forum.

You may wish to write to hello@pagelines.com and request participation if that's your license.