layout dimensions layout page customization

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 joeventures

joeventures

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:14 PM

Is it possible to change the layout dimensions for a specific page?

Currently, from what I can tell, the only way to edit the dimensions of the layout is to use the layout dimensions editor in Site Options -> Layout Editor. I have a two-column layout set as the default. I'd like to use that same layout for a specific page, but with different dimensions defined. In this case, the only thing I want to change is the width of the layout & width of the sidebar.

Would my best route be to edit the CSS? Or is there another setting somewhere else I'm missing?
  • actorswebmaster likes this

#2 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 2115 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:29 PM

Hi joeventures
You donĀ“t need edit the CSS, you can try add in
PageLines > Site Options > Custom Code > CSS Rules
or add CSS rules in "Pagelines Customize plugin"
the CSS rules to change width for a specific page.
It is advisable to learn how to do this on your own too.
Check out

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 etcio

etcio

Advanced Member

• Members

• 68 posts
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:22 PM

You can make page specific CSS customizations by utilizing the "page-id-x" class.

E.g. .page-id-2 #content {} would only make changes on page "2", whatever that would be.

Is it possible to change the layout dimensions for a specific page?

Currently, from what I can tell, the only way to edit the dimensions of the layout is to use the layout dimensions editor in Site Options -> Layout Editor. I have a two-column layout set as the default. I'd like to use that same layout for a specific page, but with different dimensions defined. In this case, the only thing I want to change is the width of the layout & width of the sidebar.

Would my best route be to edit the CSS? Or is there another setting somewhere else I'm missing?

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:20 AM

Hi Joe, yes you would have to edit using css to edit the width of each column etc. The layout editor will only allow for one set of figures to be assigned to each layout template.

Let us know if the above solutions work for you or if you require further assistance.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: layout dimensions, layout, page customization