Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Change layout dimensions by page

Question

Posted · Report post

Is it possible to change the layout dimensions for a specific page?

Currently, from what I can tell, the only way to edit the dimensions of the layout is to use the layout dimensions editor in Site Options -> Layout Editor. I have a two-column layout set as the default. I'd like to use that same layout for a specific page, but with different dimensions defined. In this case, the only thing I want to change is the width of the layout & width of the sidebar.

Would my best route be to edit the CSS? Or is there another setting somewhere else I'm missing?

1 person likes this

3 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi joeventures

You donĀ“t need edit the CSS, you can try add in

PageLines > Site Options > Custom Code > CSS Rules

or add CSS rules in "Pagelines Customize plugin"

the CSS rules to change width for a specific page.

It is advisable to learn how to do this on your own too.

Check out http://www.pagelines...wiki/Custom_CSS

Posted · Report post

You can make page specific CSS customizations by utilizing the "page-id-x" class.

E.g. .page-id-2 #content {} would only make changes on page "2", whatever that would be.

Is it possible to change the layout dimensions for a specific page?

Currently, from what I can tell, the only way to edit the dimensions of the layout is to use the layout dimensions editor in Site Options -> Layout Editor. I have a two-column layout set as the default. I'd like to use that same layout for a specific page, but with different dimensions defined. In this case, the only thing I want to change is the width of the layout & width of the sidebar.

Would my best route be to edit the CSS? Or is there another setting somewhere else I'm missing?

Posted · Report post

Hi Joe, yes you would have to edit using css to edit the width of each column etc. The layout editor will only allow for one set of figures to be assigned to each layout template.

Let us know if the above solutions work for you or if you require further assistance.