40 replies to this topic

#21 brightgreenhomes

brightgreenhomes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Framework Version:2.0

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:54 AM

Interestingly - I have another site - www.greenbuildingpartnership.co.uk - that uses another host and have just gone to check that one - it too needed upgrading (taken my eye off this site for a month!) and went to perform the update - happened without a hitch.

#22 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:11 PM

I can 100% guarantee that we do not use any deprecated functions. We write all our code with debug enabled and NEVER push a release even with the slightest debug warning.
So those errors will be caused by plugins.

The site on the other host obviously has no permission problems for the files.

Once again, PageLines has no updater, we simply use the native WordPress upgrader that is built in. It upgrades wordpress core, plugins and themes. We simply tell the upgrader where our zip is and it does the rest assuming your host allows it.

Id be more than happy to talk to Nathen were in the same timezone. He can skype me, hell he can phone me if he wants.

#23 brightgreenhomes

brightgreenhomes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:09 PM

I have passed that onto Namesco and will see - but how is it that now I have re-uploaded 2.2.5 to the host this is not working either? Is this something that they are doing their end?

thanks for your help with this Simon.

#24 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:11 PM

if you upgrading and downgrading on a whim you should disable EVERY plugin. The white screen is a wordpress error, if WP_DEBUG is on it should show toy the errors.

#25 brightgreenhomes

brightgreenhomes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:31 PM

ah..if only it WAS a whim... I am simply trying to get my website to work reliably. I am sorry if you feel this is me 'mucking about' but as the company director of bhesco.co.uk and not a pagelines 'rockstar' I am failing to understand what this problem is.

As all I get now is a blank white screen with pagelines 2.2.5 uploaded onto the host I am not even able to get into the plug ins on the dashboard and i'm afraid I don;t know how to do it from filezilla.

when I go and change the WP_DEBUG config file back to true this is what I get:

Notice: get_current_theme is deprecated since version 3.4! Use wp_get_theme() instead. in /content/sites/b/h/bhesco.co.uk/web/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2638 Notice: Undefined index: ourprogresssubmit in /content/sites/b/h/bhesco.co.uk/web/wp-content/plugins/fundraising-thermometer-plugin-for-wordpress/ourprogress.php on line 47 Notice: register_sidebar_widget is deprecated since version 2.8! Use wp_register_sidebar_widget() instead. in /content/sites/b/h/bhesco.co.uk/web/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2638 Fatal error: Call to a member function register_tab() on a non-object in /content/sites/b/h/bhesco.co.uk/web/wp-content/plugins/pagelines-sections/pagelines-soapbox/section.php on line 62

Thanks for your continued patience with me... and I appreciate all the help you can give.

#26 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:34 PM

OK, can you get into wp-admin? if so disable the plugin that is causing the deprecated notice.

Looks like the soapbox section needs to be disabled. So for now just delete the folder from pagelines-sections, then load wp-admin and visit the 'store' tab to reset all the sections.

#27 brightgreenhomes

brightgreenhomes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:42 PM

nope - wp-admin is also just a blank white screen with the message about deprecated theme...
So,
if I delete (using filezilla) : content/sites/b/h/bhesco.co.uk/web/wp-content/plugins/fundraising-thermometer-plugin-for-wordpress/ourprogress.php

and

/content/sites/b/h/bhesco.co.uk/web/wp-content/plugins/pagelines-sections/pagelines-soapbox/section.php

will this restore it?

#28 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:45 PM

delete the folder pagelines-soapbox/

#29 brightgreenhomes

brightgreenhomes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:03 PM

ok - done - we have lift off. I still have the debug set to true.

How am I going to be able to upgrade to 2.3.3? I seem to have other problems (like not being able to add photos to the media library) and assume these are all related to not being able to upgrade? Is this still a problem with the host do you think?

Now when I get to the wp-admin dashboard this is the message I receive:
Notice: get_current_theme is deprecated since version 3.4! Use wp_get_theme() instead. in /content/sites/b/h/bhesco.co.uk/web/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2638 Notice: Undefined index: ourprogresssubmit in /content/sites/b/h/bhesco.co.uk/web/wp-content/plugins/fundraising-thermometer-plugin-for-wordpress/ourprogress.php on line 47 Notice: register_sidebar_widget is deprecated since version 2.8! Use wp_register_sidebar_widget() instead. in /content/sites/b/h/bhesco.co.uk/web/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2638 Notice: has_cap was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 2.0! Usage of user levels by plugins and themes is deprecated. Use roles and capabilities instead. in /content/sites/b/h/bhesco.co.uk/web/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2722 Notice: has_cap was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 2.0! Usage of user levels by plugins and themes is deprecated. Use roles and capabilities instead. in /content/sites/b/h/bhesco.co.uk/web/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2722 Notice: has_cap was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 2.0! Usage of user levels by plugins and themes is deprecated. Use roles and capabilities instead. in /content/sites/b/h/bhesco.co.uk/web/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2722 Warning: fopen(/content/sites/b/h/bhesco.co.uk/web/wp-content/plugins/pagelines-sections/pagelines-sections.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /content/sites/b/h/bhesco.co.uk/web/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3306 Warning: fread() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /content/sites/b/h/bhesco.co.uk/web/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3309 Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /content/sites/b/h/bhesco.co.uk/web/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3312 Notice: Undefined index: tab in /content/sites/b/h/bhesco.co.uk/web/wp-content/plugins/viperbar/admin/admin_main.php on line 20 Notice: Undefined index: tab in /content/sites/b/h/bhesco.co.uk/web/wp-content/plugins/viperbar/admin/admin_main.php on line 44

What next?

#30 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:16 PM

Well all of those errors you are seeing are bad plugins, either turn off debug or disable them.

Looks like you deleted the whole pagelines-sections folder?

Anyway, you already said before that you cant upgrade for 2 reasons:

1. You wacky hosts file permissions break the wordpress upgrader.
2. Only having 32M is too restrictive.

#31 brightgreenhomes

brightgreenhomes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:05 PM

no - didn't delete the whole pagelines-sections folder... pretty sure i didnt

so - i have talked to the support people there at the 'wacky' host... just so you know they say that their settings are set so that all of their hosted sites share 128M of PHP between them... this is how they are set up. They have over 0.5Mill hosted sites !!

They have never come across pagelines apparently and have never had this problem before.

Looks like I am going to have move the whole lot to the other hosting platform i use... what a pain in the ****

#32 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:09 PM

Sorry about that, I'll make a test script when I get home to test the actual memory.

#33 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:44 PM

Ok, quick script, add it to your webroot and open it in a browser,

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#34 brightgreenhomes

brightgreenhomes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:43 PM

er... sorry to sound stupid but i'm not sure how that works... can you walk me through it?
I think we have decided to move everything to a different host... nathan @namesco seemed to think this was out best bet too!

#35 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:47 PM

er... sorry to sound stupid but i'm not sure how that works... can you walk me through it?
I think we have decided to move everything to a different host... nathan @namesco seemed to think this was out best bet too!

LOL some salesman he is!!

OK create a new file in your blog folder, public_html or wherever index.php is, call it test.php and paste this into it:

then open that file in your browser

#36 brightgreenhomes

brightgreenhomes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:42 PM

I've done all these things and now it says error 404 file not found.

I have saved test.php (with all the text copied and pasted) to my host : web/ where the index.php file is.

this isn;t to do with the fact that we are doing this on the www.bhesco.co.uk website not the brightgreenhomes one?

#37 brightgreenhomes

brightgreenhomes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:57 PM

just been to check the website and its stopped working again - the features are all spread out across the page and the post content gone to pot... argghhh,....

i'm going home - look at it again in the morning .... arghhh...

if you want to log in to the www.bhesco.co.uk/wp-admin then ####### is what you need...

Edited by Simon_P, 24 October 2012 - 08:52 PM.
This is a public forum, passwords are not advised ;)

#38 brightgreenhomes

brightgreenhomes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:22 AM

Hi Simon,
so - I have begun the process of unravelling the problems with the site... deactivated the plugins and reactivated and this seems to have solved post of the issues.... seems the mailchimp plugin sending everything crazy...
Hope we are there now... I'm beginning the process of transferring the site...

#39 Anthony Luth

Anthony Luth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA
  • Framework Version:Developer 2.3.8

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:07 PM

Most webhosts do not set shared hosting to 128MB without request. This helps them maximize usage, so chances are namesco didn't have a grasp on the problem. Glad to hear you got the site up and running tho!

#40 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16376 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:19 AM

It would appear this issue has been resolved, if you have any further questions, reply here and we will reopen the topic.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Resolved, 2.3.3, theme, deleted