Photo
- - - - -

Profiles for Pagelines settings

settings

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 akhilesh

akhilesh

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:58 AM

I am currently trying to develop a couple of child themes for my site. Child themes use the base page lines settings (correct?). So if a different child theme is activated, it still uses the same pagelines settings.

Would I would like to request is that different sets (profiles) of settings be able to be saved in the pagelines system, which a child theme could also request from within itself.

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:29 AM

A child theme may also install and use plugins and sections unique to the child theme. You can see the sort of things a child theme can do here: http://www.pagelines...roduct_ref=true

#3 akhilesh

akhilesh

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:57 AM

Let me clarify.

The Mud theme (for eg:) works as a child theme. But it includes a setting file which needs to be imported. (overwriting any existing settings)
Now a user can export their current setting and import them back later, but what I am suggesting is that the user is able to keep a setting profile per theme which they can just select to use.

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17579 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:25 AM

Hi,

I am not sure if this would be more of a Wordpress related issue. However, I have noted this and will add it to my report for you.