• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 reformedmedia

reformedmedia

• Members

• 22 posts
  • Framework Version:2 and up

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:54 PM

Can we alter the appearance of the embedded youtube player? I would prefer not to have the player at the bottom of the video or the title at the top. Also, It would be nice to be able to give the player a height.

What other code is there besides the "type" and "ID"?

thanks for your input.

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:22 PM

This is a YouTube-related issue rather than a PageLines-related issue, but I don't think YouTube allows this level of customization with their embedded video players (at least, when it comes to hiding the player and the title). You can adjust the height with the height property in the embed code.

#3 reformedmedia

reformedmedia

• Members

• 22 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:01 PM

I tried adding the height to the embed code on the

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

of pagelines, but it didn't seem to affect anything. Can you give me the correct code for the height?
Here is what I am doing, I added the embed from youtube currently.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:17 PM

Ah, I thought you were referring to the YouTube embed code itself. All of the attributes for that code are listed in the Tools page. I don't think there is a height attribute available. If you want to use it, it's best to just use the YouTube embed code.

#5 reformedmedia

reformedmedia

• Members

• 22 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:21 PM

the only problem is that the width doesn't conform

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:50 PM

Are you adding a width attribute?

#7 reformedmedia

reformedmedia

• Members

• 22 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:40 PM

I tried adding the height value height="275" in the shortcode, but it didn't seem to work.

#8 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:31 AM

Hi there, have you managed to resolve this? I've checked the link you provided and the video seems to be sized perfectly inbetween the columns. Let us know if you require further assistance.

#9 reformedmedia

reformedmedia

• Members

• 22 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:48 AM

hi James,
It is not the width that is the problem, it's the height. I am trying to control the height of the player through the shortcode. This way it lines up with the other elements on the homepage. Is there an attribute that can control the height within the shortcode? I've tried the one above which seems standard. Perhaps I can try the css? I'll try that and get back to you.

PS. If I use the iframe embed that youtube provides, when the page conforms to ipad the third column hides behind the iframe. That's what I'm trying to avoid by using the shortcode.

#10 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:52 AM

Just to check,its the hafner finances video? If using youtube try the old embed code, they'll be an option for it in the embed menu. It will let you specify the width and height and it won't put in an iframe.

#11 reformedmedia

reformedmedia

• Members

• 22 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:15 AM

I tried your suggestions, the only problem with the old embed code is that still hides the third box column under it when it conforms to the ipad (or if you drag your browser inward).

I figured out a solution to the height issue. If you create a CSS ID for the box that the video shorcode is assigned to (in my case the CSS ID is #fbox_5. This is important so it only affects this video and no other). Then use the class .pl-video, you can bump up the height of the video.
The strange thing is that I could not put the actual height (which should be 275px. It made it really large. Instead, I just used a shorter pixel height and it worked. The video width now conforms and things don't go crazy.

#fbox_5 .pl-video {
height:50px;
}

I hope that makes sense. Perhaps there is an easier way. This seems to work. So for me, this topic is resolved.

#12 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15788 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:57 AM

The topic was marked as resolved.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Resolved, Youtube, You Tube