Layout with Main Column and Sidebar 2
Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:40 AM
| | |
| | |
| main column | sidebar 2 |
| | |
| | |
Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:34 AM
Select the three column layout: Main Column>Sidebar 1>Sidebar 2 in the page layout. Then via the page meta settings, go in to the page setup tab and check 'hide primary sidebar' and save meta settings. This should result in the look you have described above.
Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:20 PM
Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:33 PM
However, if you add a sidebar to SB1, it will show up as long as you have a widget in the sidebar.
Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:33 PM
Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:30 PM
Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:00 AM
What you can do is this:
- Go to Drag and Drop and in SB1, drag the Secondary Sidebar section to the Active Sections, so that you have Primary and Secondary in SB1.
- Then click on the Options button on Secondary Sidebar and check "Hide by default", so that it is not active on all your pages/posts.
- Now go to Appearance Widgets, add whatever Widgets you wish to have in your Secondary Sidebar.
- Once this has been completed, go to the Wordpress Admin Dashboard > Pages and select the Page which you would like to have the Secondary Sidebar active on.
- Scroll down to the PageLines Meta Settings and then Hide Primary Sidebar and then check the box to show Secondary Sidebar.
If you view your page now, you will have the Secondary Sidebar active on this page.
However, a easier method in my opinion, would be to use the plugin Widget Logic, this plugin allows you to display Widgets on a per post/page basis.