php loops single post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 slateb

slateb

• Members

• 2 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:00 PM

I am wondering how I might be able to move different content around and add different elements to the post loop and sing post.

for instance I want to move the metabar above the post title.

I also want to put the categories and comments down at the bottom of the post loop.

Anyone have ideas on how to achieve this. It seems to me that loops would be the easiest way, I'm just not sure where to start.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:15 PM

Some of this may be done in simple ways, others are more complex. For example, you can handle the comments and some other bits being moved to the bottom via Dashboard > PageLines > Drag & Drop > Content Area > Blog Post.

The categories and meta bar can be added to the bottom by adding Content Box in the Blog Post's Drag & Drop under the PostLoop (next item down). On your static page, you'll see Content Box. In the Content Box Class , type metabar and add nothing else. Save. View your post.

In Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Custom Code > CSS Rules, add:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 slateb

slateb

• Members

• 2 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:12 PM

Rob, thanks for your answer. some of it was very helpful. i was able to add some of the component i needed via the drag and drop.
the issue i am currently running into is in the post excerpts.
i think i will need to actually move some of the content structure around but still can't figure out what file that is in.

any clue what php file or files create the actually html layout for the posts and post excerpts ?

thanks.

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4985 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:15 AM

From you initial message it sounds like you'd have to add a filter to the blog posts section in order to add the extra sections to the bottom.

You can find a list of the Pagelines Hooks/filters and actions here

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: php, loops, single post