Photo
- - - - -
Resolved

Can width of Features Section be resized?

Features section

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 cboq

cboq

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Framework Version:Pagelines Developer Edition 2.3

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:09 PM

I'm working on a new version of our youth site: cboqyouth2.wpengine.com is the development site. On the home page, we'd like to have two clickable images on either side of a features slider that contains a few embedded videos. Accordingly, I've used the sidebar-content-sidebar layout, and added the clickable images to each of the sidebars through widgets. Next I added a Features section, hoping that it could fit into the content area between the sidebars. Regrettably, it seems as though the Features section fills the entire width of the content area, obscuring the clickable images below.

Is there anyway around this? I poked around in CSS a bit, but could only get the size of the videos to shrink - the container for the features was still full-width.

If not with the Features Slider, can the TwinShot gallery or another option provide this?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:23 PM

The overall DIV container for the feature slider would need to be resized with CSS (and it has been done before). Are you using Firebug to inspect the CSS?

#3 cboq

cboq

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:51 PM

Yes, I've been using Firebug to look at the CSS. I'm no pro at it, but here's where I was looking:

<div id="feature_slider" class="fclone_wrap home-page-videos fix">

<div id="feature-area" class="fset_height" style="overflow: hidden; height: 396px;">

<div id="cycle" class="fclone" style="position: relative; width: 990px; height: 396px;">
</div>

<div id="feature-footer" class="home-page-videos thumbs fix">

Changing the width in the "cycle" class didn't seem to do the trick - but perhaps I'm missing something.

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:52 PM

You should try using the #feature_slider class.

#5 cboq

cboq

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:29 PM

Catrina,

Thanks for your help. I was able to adjust the width of the Feature Slider quite well with

#feature_slider {
width: 58% !important;
}

And this seems to be the right width between the two banners on CBOQ. But I can't sort out how to place it between the two sidebars. In the homepage template (Template 5 in this case), on the Drag & Drop, features is listed above content - so it floats above the two banners and not between them. margin-top doesn't seem to help...any other ideas? You can have a look at the dilemma at cboqyouth2.wpengine.com

Thanks again!

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

Features is intended to span the full width of the page content, so you'd need to add it to a Content Area in Drag & Drop.

#7 cboq

cboq

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:57 PM

Catrina,

Here's another option - using the Twin Shot Gallery as a (very wide) sidebar in the sidebar-sidebar-column layout:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Is it possible to style the Twin Shot to have buttons like the Feature Slider? Hmmmm.

#8 cboq

cboq

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:03 PM

I just noticed your earlier comment - and think adding Features to the Content Area works well. Thanks so much!

#9 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:09 PM

You're welcome.

#10 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members