Photo
- - - - -
Resolved

Link to special pages in navigation

special pages navigation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 ered

ered

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:58 AM

Hi, I'm a beginner user and have checked through the documentation but can't see how to add a link in the top navigation of my site to a special page - the blog.

See

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I can't find the url or reference to the special page to link to when creating the menu. Help would be very much appreciated!

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16923 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:07 AM

Hi,

First thing I recommend is for you to change your permalinks structure so that your URL's look cleaner. To do this, read the documentation here -

I recommend the Postname option.

Once you have changed your permalink structure.

Go to Wordpress admin dashboard > Appearance > Menus and create your custom Menu, from here you can add whatever page you like, including your main blog page. For more information on how to do this, go here -

Now that you have created your custom Menu, go to PageLines > Site Options > NavBar and in the setting called "NavBar and Fixed NavBar Menu", then in the drop down menu for "Standard NavBar - Select Menu", select your newly created custom menu.

Save settings, and if you refresh your website now, it should display your custom Menu. You can add more pages to your menu, by visiting the Appearance > Menu.

#3 ered

ered

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:43 PM

Thanks a huge help! I realised my issue was not setting the "posts" page in Reading Settings.

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:47 PM

The topic was marked as resolved.