Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:53 AM
I'm trying to create a small intranet for our company.
unfortunately I'm unable to post a link to the site as it has sensitive information on it.
I've ran in to this error Forbidden numerous times, and I've done some trouble shooting to see if I can figure it out with no luck.
Trouble shooting done so far:
I'm pretty sure it's not our host as they host two other wordpress sites for us.
Disable all "non" Pagelines plugins
Updated to the newest Pagelines framework
Updated to the newest Wordpress
I have run into this problem when:
Saving Page Options
Adding more than 6 box sets to a page (3 to 8 boxes per set)
and most recently adding numerous sub pages to a parent page( I can add 6 sub pages to a parent page before I get the forbidden error)
Can someone please shed some light on why I'm getting this forbidden error?
Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:30 AM
Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:53 AM
That's getting a little too technical for me, is this something I would have set up as an admin?
Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:05 AM
You need to ask your web host provider for this information.
Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:07 AM
Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:20 PM
Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:14 AM
You do not have permission to access this document.
Web Server at ourwebsite.com.au
That's what I get when trying to save out the above mentioned problems.
Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:29 AM
Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:33 AM
Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:29 AM
This isn't the only WP site we have with this host and the other sites don't seem to have this problem.
Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:21 AM
I have searched the internet and every-time this error has been reported and resolved, it was related to either plugin(s) or a server configuration issue.
Best thing to do would be to try the following, which was stated on one of the Wordpress forum replies:
- Disable all plugins and see if this resolves the issue, if it does enable the plugins one by one until you find the problematic plugin(s).
- Switch your theme to Twenty Eleven and see if the issue persists, if it does, then it is not related to PageLines. If switching theme resolves your issue, please reply here informing us.
- by FTP or PhpMyAdmin. Sometimes, an apparently inactive plugin can still cause problems.
- Re-uploading the wp-admin and wp-includes folders from a fresh download of WordPress.
Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:38 AM
Unfortunately I've tried all these solutions except switching to the Twenty Eleven theme.
The reason I haven't switched themes is:
1. I'm worried that I'll lose all the customising I've done to the site via Pagelines less/css, menus etc. ( will this be effected if I switch themes and switch back?)
2. The error only happens on certain pages in the site, these pages only have Pagelines boxes and mastheads.
3. The other effected area is the Page Options Setup in the Pagelines framework I get the error when trying to change any settings in this area.
Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:00 AM
OK, well we haven't had this issue reported before, as far as I'm aware. So it must be related to your server configuration, I recommend you contact your host and ask them for assistance, like Simon suggested a few posts above.