Photo
- - - - -

Blog page not showing excerpts or posts

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 citieguy

citieguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 04:36 AM

Have gone through all the documentation and figured out how to work almost everything. However, my blog page and the individual posts pages do not display properly, no matter how many different settings or tweaks that I have tried. Please help. www.paulschellenberg.com/blog or www.paulschellenberg.com/blog/vancouver. I would like to have the full posts or excerpts populate the blog page but only the headlines appear (even though I have adjusted the options to appear on all post or blog pages!). Also set up blog sub pages but they do not populate. Please help!

#2 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 03:18 PM

When you save the option does the check box or radio button remain where you want it or does it go back to another position/state?

#3 citieguy

citieguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 07:39 PM

Hi there. The option buttons do not change.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Perhaps I unintentionally deleted the blog page formatting from the uploaded sample pages? note, that the addition of thumbs of the pics on my posts does not show up either (the pic on the post does though).

Is there any way for me to upload the theBlog page again with the embedded formatting? (if that solves the problem?)

#4 citieguy

citieguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:25 AM

While waiting for a response have figured out what to do and the posts page now works as it should. Only thing not working are the drop down menus or the automatic listed category pages appearing on the subnav area. Help? I had also wanted specific pages to hold all the post of that theme (pages have a description area). Any way to do this so the posts list?

#5 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:38 AM

Okay, so you've managed to fix your posts and excerpts, what was the problem? For the dropdown menu, please check my answer here:

Thanks, Bryan

#6 rookie_1

rookie_1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 03:05 PM

I am having this same issue (must have accidentally removed the original blog page from the demo content). Now all I can figure out is how to add the Blog titles on the left sidebar, but can't get the actual posts to appear in the content section. Would like it to look like it does on demo.

Here's my site (temporary address until I switch the DNS):

Note: This site is in the early stages of development.

Thanks,

Adam

#7 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:46 PM

You need to make sure that when you go Settings - Reading that you have a new page dedicated to point to the blog since you deleted the previous reference.

#8 rookie_1

rookie_1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:12 AM

Ah, got it! Thank you...and fixed! Adam