Photo
Resolved

Eliminating a plugin from Mobile

mobile plugin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 eclipsedesign

eclipsedesign

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:16 PM

Hi! I am having trouble finding informaiton on how to eliminate one of my plugins from appearing on the mobile side of my site. I am using a plugin called "sideoffer". I like it very much but it takes over the site on the mobile side of things and I would like to turn off the plugin for the mobile version only. I tried to get assistance from the sideoffer folks but their solution doesn't seem to be working. I was hoping someone here might be able to point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance for your help!

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:27 PM

Hi, we provide a plugin called "Browser Specific CSS". http://pagelines.com...ins/browser-css

Find the element in your sidebar, add the specific browser css to it, and you can use "display: none;" for that problematic widget.

Do you have Firebug? http://www.getfirebug.com.

#3 eclipsedesign

eclipsedesign

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:22 PM

Hmmmm well, I'll certainly look into it but this plugin isn't a widget ....

#4 eclipsedesign

eclipsedesign

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:36 PM

Ok, I have it loaded (and I just noticed that you asked if I have firebug - yep got that). Maybe I'm just frazzled but I'm not sure how to work this plugin. Is there a doc for it anywhere that I can read? I get that it says it adds tags to the main body tags of the html for specific browser function which I assume it does automatically. So, do I need to go in and hand code something into this for this plugin? And, if this is correct, where exactly do I put it? Sorry for all of the questions, I'll blame it on pregnancy LOL!

#5 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:44 PM

Congrats on being pregnant, the plugin when active adds classes to the main body tag <body> in the html

like:

iphone
ipad
mobile
desktop
firefox
chrome
ie
ie8

etc etc

so you can hide divs sections by using these new classes

#6 eclipsedesign

eclipsedesign

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:44 AM

I appreciate the attempted help, I really do, but that answer really didn't answer any of my questions ...

#7 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17133 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:06 AM

Hi,

The answer Simon provided is perfect, simply view the classes and then add them to your custom CSS to hide the plugin. You could also use @media for mobile browsers.

However, the best people to speak to, is the developers of the plugin, what was the solution they provided ?

If this didn't work, you should contact them again.

#8 eclipsedesign

eclipsedesign

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:37 PM

Ok, well, never mind. I resolved the issue myself without the plugin.

#9 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:38 PM

The topic was marked as resolved.