• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 saltman

saltman

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:03 PM

Hi,

I'm sure this must have been covered as it seems like it would be a major problem.

Anybody got a fix? Works fine in Firefox and Chrome etc.

cheers

Mark

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:46 AM

Mark,

I am seeing the same thing in IE9 as in Firefox. However, I believe this is a configuration error, and not a systemic breakdown. My reason for saying this is that your left sidebar is cut off on the left in both browsers (exactly the same).

Did you set up your slides in the background or media area of the slider? The proper location is the background upload field. You'll find the proper configuration instructions here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

The sidebar issue is likely the result of the content being of a fixed width greater than the width of the sidebar itself. Check the content of the sidebar to make sure that if it's a plugin creating the widget, the plugin's stylesheet isn't setting a fixed width.

Additionally, it's quite possible a plugin is causing the error with your features. Some load a different version of jQuery which may conflict with the version loaded by WordPress. Check your plugins for compatibility with WP 3.4.2 by visiting

Validate each plugin by searching for it and verifying the compatibility and any user complaints.

#3 saltman

saltman

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:38 AM

Hi and thanks for the quick reply.

OK i will check my plugins shortly, dissable etc and test.

I now have a more serious problem thats cropped up though :| :| The featured slider is now stuck on the first one, with no options to select underneath (no buttons, or word links) I've tried a few configurations now :| Starting to worry now :|

#4 saltman

saltman

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:44 AM

I've just ripped out all of my custom CSS and also dissabled all 3rd party plugins, bar the pagelines framework and the essentials for this

This is as "vanilla" platform i can create for you to take a look at, i wont touch it again till i've heard back

thanks again

mark

#5 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16342 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:55 AM

Hi Mark,

I created a site with multiple feature sliders and then view it in Adobe BrowserLab and could not recreate your slider issues. Therefore, would it be possible for you to inform us how you created your slides please.

Also, when I loaded your site and noticed that you over 60 errors, which appears to be related to some custom code you have added associated to google maps. Therefore, can you remove all custom code you have added to your site please and see if the feature sliders continue with this error.

This hasn't been reported before, as for as I know.

#6 saltman

saltman

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:54 PM

Hi,

I've just seen these too! I've removed the only google map code which was in a footer text widget using the pagelines google maps shortcode.

I've not installed any other google maps 3rd party plugins or entered any custom code for this. The only custom code i put in was in the cusom CSS part of the admin panel and i've since removed this.

Any help greatly appreciated as i have a meeting with my client tomorrow to go over things :|

I can send you login details if you like? As i'm stumped.

It was working just fine! thats the weird thing. And nothing but some external graphics being produced to go in and a couple of widget amendments has taken place.

Cheers

Mark

#7 saltman

saltman

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:56 PM

I've also just tried swapping the templates to see if that helps, but no.

Also i have redone a couple of the images and created 2 new "test" feature sets, but the problem persists :|

I created the images originally and uploaded into the appropriate field entry in the create new feature area

#8 saltman

saltman

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:19 PM

Righty ho, i've narrowed down the problem! Talk about quick troubleshooting, and more than likely a lot of luck going on the amount of variabled i could have gone through.

So. I broke the site down to the bare bones ripping apart each template, then recreated each bit and tested at each stage. I also copied brand new core css files over.

This problem occurs whenever you add the carousel to any page template, and boom, the "dots or navigation buittons" dissapear! Poof

How weird, can you try this. If you want i can still send you login details so you can see for yourself ;)

Cheers for the assistance so far

#9 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:46 PM

Ah, it may be caused by a margin or padding issue. I will bring this to the attention of the developers. Try, if you can, placing the carousel somewhere else on the page than below the slider and see if it works. Please let us know.