Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:53 PM
so my site is slow and I read up in the forums and did the following:
- W3 Cache was already installed (Minify, Browser Cache, CloudFlare and CDN enabled)
- installed CloudFlare
- installed MaxCDN
the site was still slow.
So I added the following code to wp-config.
That helped a lot but unfortunately made my site crash for some users so had to delete it again.
Now I increased php.ini to 256mB (BlueHost).
My site is still slow. What am I missing? And why made the above code make my site crash?
This is driving me nuts. Any suggestions are very welcome.
Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:25 PM
Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:05 PM
I know this is going to sound crazy, but the problem with the crash may have come from copying and pasting. Some computers will tack on hidden things when doing so. It's always best, I say, to paste it first to a text file, to ensure nothing is hidden (like a space, paragraph or other element). Then copy from the text file. That make's sure you have a clean copy and equally clean paste.
LESS_FILE_MODE can easily become LESS FILE MODE, which would be incorrect.
Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:52 PM
I deactivated both CloudFlare and MaxCDN and reinserted the less file code in my wp-config.php file:
This is what happened:
Here is my website link:
Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:22 PM
Just to let you know... your site is broken now
Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:18 AM
I tried resetting my password, clearing my cache, moving w3t cache to another folder (although that seemed to have restored my site).
Nothing works. I'm super frustrated...
but thanks for the heads up.
Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:02 AM
This may seem drastic, but it's the sure-fire way to fix it. Ask your host to implement a backup from several days ago.
If they do not have one, then restore your wp-config to where it was prior, then download and unzip the latest version of WP to your local machine.
Via FTP, upload the wp-admin and wp-includes folders, and all files in the root of the unzipped folder. Don't overwrite the wp-content folder. It will have no effect.
Then, go to wp-content/themes and locate the folder pagelines. Delete it. This will not remove anything you've customized *(unless you did it wrong).
Login to www.pagelines.com/launchpad and download the latest version of PageLines Framework. Unzip it locally to your desktop. Via FTP, upload the pagelines folder back to wp-content/themes.
Go to Dashboard > Appearance > Themes and activate the proper theme (a child if that's what you're using). You may need to go to Appearance > Menus and select the default menu on the left, top of the menu area and save.
Your site should be fully restored.
Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:42 PM
But then I decided to try it using Firefox and that worked! I can also do it by opening an incognito window in Chrome.
Maybe it's because I just re-uploaded my wp-login.php.
I did clear my browser cache and cookies but it still won't work in Chrome (non-incognito). But at least I can log in again
Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:29 AM
I also tried using the following code again but it keeps breaking my site (see for screenshot above).
Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:10 AM
I am not sure what is going on, when I view your page source, it appears to have all the <div stripped from it.
Can you please disable all non-PageLines plugins and then view your page source again and see if the <div returns to your page source.
Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:40 AM
Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:55 PM
I kept W3 disabled so you can have a look but will activate again soon as now my site takes 15 sec to load.
Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:02 PM
Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:47 AM
Screenshot is attached.
Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:22 PM
Now I activated W3 again and my site is finally loading a bit faster.
Will play with the different options and see what helps and what doesn't.
Thanks for the help so far!
Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:56 AM
this thread can be closed.
Thanks for all the help!