Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unique Section Sidebars

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

I need to create unique sidebars for each section of the website. Currently there are 5-6 sections, and I'd like to put submenus for each section in the sidebar.

Is it possible to have more than three unique sidebars on the site? If yes, how/where is that implemented in Pagelines?

I know I can use an external plugin like "slayers-custom-widgets" to assign widget content to specific pages, but if the Pagelines framework has a built in solution for this, that would be preferable.

Thanks.

3 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

A section (like Secondary Nav) can't be put inside a widget - it can only go inside the Header template area as shown in Drag & Drop. If you want to add secondary navigation to a widget, go to Appearance > Widgets and add the Custom Menu widget (available in the Inactive Widgets area) to the Secondary Sidebar.

Posted · Report post

It's not possible to add more than three sidebars on the site (other than the standard Sidebar 1, Sidebar 2, and Sidebar Wrap). However, you can add full-width sidebar (which is a section you can add widgets to) to the Morefoot Area and/or Footer template areas and that can be another sidebar. You can also use Widget Logic to get more control over the widgets: http://wordpress.org...s/widget-logic/

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

This may be too complex a question for the general forums, but can you provide any pointers on how I could move the "secondary nav" component from the default display position (horizontal display beneath the primary nav) into the "secondary sidebar" widget? Would this be done with hooks?