Photo
- - - - -
Resolved

magazine layout and blog layout at the same time?

magazine layout blog layout

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jbrouwer

jbrouwer

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:08 PM

Hi,

Is there a filter available to set a the post layout mode for a page? I am using the magazine layout for the main blog page and I would like to use the (normal) blog layout for a second and a third blog page. In the admin I can only set a default layout. Would be nice if there is an other way to achieve this.

Thanks!

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:19 PM

It's possible to set layouts on a page-by-page basis in PageLines Meta Settings. What do you mean by second and third blog page? Are these special pages like archive pages?

#3 jbrouwer

jbrouwer

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:51 PM

Ok, but if I am correct you cannot set the post layout mode (magazine or blog) on a page by page basis? Now I have magazine mode as the default layout, hence all the special pages (archive and category) are in magazine mode too. This is fine, but for two of my categories I would like to swith the layout to the blog layout mode. Is that possible?

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:13 PM

Yes, you are correct. It's not possible for two category pages to switch to blog layout mode. It's either one layout mode or the other (unless you managed some kind of super advanced coding workaround - in this case, a help from a Pro developer would be needed).

#5 jbrouwer

jbrouwer

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:36 PM

That is a pitty. I am not a coder, but it doesn't seem that advanced. If you can switch the whole site than you also can switch only two categories with a simple if statement.

#6 mackenzie

mackenzie

Advocate

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:07 PM

If you wish to hire someone to customize your PageLines site or feel as if you are unable to set up your PageLines product on your own, we invite you to check out the PageLines Pros. Just visit

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

and send an email to the Pro of your choice. I am not sure if they will be able to accomplish what you are looking for but you can always check.

#7 mackenzie

mackenzie

Advocate

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:07 PM

The topic was marked as resolved.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Resolved, magazine layout, blog layout