post author avatar hook thumbnail

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 fatchamp

fatchamp

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:49 AM

Hello, do I use a hook if I would like to add the post author's avatar on the homepage?
If I have to use that, what would be the exact command?
Is there another way to do that?

My website allows visitors to make submission of photos and text, and I would like their avatars to be shown next to their post.
Visitors who post are random and I may not know them, hence it has to be automatic that once someone posts, his or her avatar goes up with the post.

But within pagelines drag and drop, I can only add "post author" into "blog post".

How do I add "post author" with the avatar into the "blog" section (where all the latest posts will be shown)?

Thank you for your help.

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:49 AM

Hi there,

I would think the easiest option would be to go with a plugin. There's a few options on the link below.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Take a look, if none of those suit what you're looking for then we can look into adding by a hook.

#3 fatchamp

fatchamp

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:48 AM

Thank you James,
Will check that out. But is there no way to do so directly using what Pagelines offer?

Meanwhile, would you be able to advise what is the hook exactly to add to the Base theme?

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16555 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:05 AM

Hi,

If you go to the PageLines Store within your website's, you will find a plugin called Action Map. This will assist you in finding the location of the hook you wish to use. Once you have installed/activated the plugin, go to your homepage, in your Wordpress admin bar, there will be a new link available in the top left hand corner called Action Map. Clicking this will display all the available hooks on this page.
  • fatchamp likes this

#5 fatchamp

fatchamp

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:34 AM

Managed to get it done, thanks Danny!

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16555 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:07 AM

That's great to hear and no problem.

The topic was marked as resolved.

#7 kense

kense

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:25 PM

I know this topic is marked resolved, but any chance you could share the hook you've used to include the user avatar?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Resolved, post author, avatar, hook, thumbnail