Photo
- - - - -

A few questions on header edits

social icons branding icons header custom css

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 alainafrederick

alainafrederick

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:34 PM

I a trying to do a few things that I had before on my site but they dissappeared with the most recent upgrade and the editor is different so I can't find what I need in the CSS. Yes, I have Firebug but I still can't find it.

First I want the social icons to be larger. I've added the following many place bit it still isn't working.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Basically I want less opacity and larger icons. Where/what am I doing wrong?

Second I have this in my custom CSS

I then in the functions had a file with text links that appeared to the right of my logo above my social icons. I can not locate my previous thread on how to manually add those text links so I'm asking again.

Thirdly I've tried to make the header space smaller in order to get more content above the fold but it does not move?

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:47 PM

To resize your icons, you may want to try this code:

The width of a link class can't be adjusted, but the image can.

#3 alainafrederick

alainafrederick

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:25 PM

Okay so this helped some - the icons look a little weird I've tried fixing the width but they will not get any wider even though the original image that is there is wider. Is it possibly a padding issue or something?

Do you know anything about adding the links? I had links above the social icons to my About, Contact, and Advertise pages. I know how to make the links but the coding of where I added them is no longer there and the layout is all weird from what it was before.

I have tried searching for my previous thread and looking in my user profile but it only shows me the most recent 6 or 7 topics with no previous threads link.

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:49 PM

Hi there,

There's no padding on the icons, only a margin, i've tried adjusting but it hasn't made any difference. i have had a result on the following code

Can you remember how you added the previous links? Was it as a hook? If so the code should still be within the base theme or customize plugins 'functions.php'.