Photo
- - - - -

Fatal Error on Upgrade

fatal error

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 devaldivia

devaldivia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:06 AM

Hi there,

I am running version 2.1.6 and trying to upgrade to 2.3.2. but I get the following fatal error whenever I run the auto-update and click on details:

The update process is starting. This process may take a while on some hosts, so please be patient.
Enabling Maintenance mode…

Fatal error: Call to a member function display() on a non-object in /home/londonta/public_html/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-upgrader.php on line 1385

On the site itself, I get:

Briefly unavailable for scheduled maintenance. Check back in a minute.

I ran a site backup immediately prior to trying to update, so nothing lost, but I'd like to resolve the issue and proceed with the update.

Thank you for your help,
Bryan

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:51 AM

Hi there, its sounds like you're stuck in a loop there. You'll need to go in via FTP and delete the .maintenance file in the root folder. Well done for backing up in advance.

This link should help you further

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 devaldivia

devaldivia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:32 PM

Hi James,

thank you for the tip. Funnily enough, I redid the update today, and it updated just fine all on it's own :)

The bad news is, my widgets got all scrambled up :(

I had waited to update hoping that the bugs had been worked out by now. I'm currently putting the widgets back where they belong, but would like to know what other bugs have been reported so I don't get any nasty surprises. I checked the current update thread, but it seems that the bugs I'm encountering came into the process sometime further back.

Kind Regards

Bryan

#4 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:49 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content