Photo
- - - - -
Resolved

Change font size in "Letters"

letters

Best Answer James B , 10 October 2012 - 11:01 PM

Hi there, the letters section uses the same typography settings from the Pagelines>Site Options>Typography page. Changing the headings and body font/styling in there will also affect the content in the letters section.

If you wish to style the font in the letters section differently from the rest of the site, you'll need to use Css as per below. I've left all the other css options inside the code in case there's other adjustments you want to make. If not, just delete the lines which aren't applicable.

For the title

.pl-letters-container .letters-article .letters-title {
    font-size: 34px;
    letter-spacing: -0.03em;
    line-height: 1.1em;
    margin: 26px 0;
}

For the content

.pl-letters-container .letters-article .letters-content {
    color: rgba(61, 61, 61, 0.8);
    font-size: 17px;
    font-weight: 300;
    line-height: 26px;
    margin: 0;
    text-align: left;
}
Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jpmcmahon

jpmcmahon

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:32 PM

Using Letters for a blog and need some assistance as to how to change the font size in posts using Letters - both the heading and content. The demo version on the website has a nice font but could not see how to change it. Thanks

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:01 PM   Best Answer

Hi there, the letters section uses the same typography settings from the Pagelines>Site Options>Typography page. Changing the headings and body font/styling in there will also affect the content in the letters section.

If you wish to style the font in the letters section differently from the rest of the site, you'll need to use Css as per below. I've left all the other css options inside the code in case there's other adjustments you want to make. If not, just delete the lines which aren't applicable.

For the title

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

For the content

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 jpmcmahon

jpmcmahon

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:52 PM

Thanks

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:55 PM

You're welcome, glad it worked :-)

#5 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:55 PM

The topic was marked as resolved.

#6 caiDOTio

caiDOTio

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon, USA
  • Framework Version:2.4

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:52 AM

I've followed the above instructions, placing my desired settings for the PageLines Letters  in the Custom Code area, but nothing's changing on the blog entry. It's just the default settings for Letters. Because I am using the PageLines Base Child Theme, I also attempted to edit the style.less sheet for the Letters section using the Sublime Text 2 app for OS X, but there is still no change visible, even after refreshing browser cache.

Any thoughts? Is there some format I'm missing when editing the style.less sheet? This is my first attempt to edit a LESS file, having only edited CSS files before.

I'm trying to increase the text size to 19px and the line height to 29px for the Letters section, to further enhance long form readability.

#7 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15788 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

Hi, If a topics has been marked Resolved, which this one has, its very rare that one of our staff members will view a reply to the topic. Therefore please create your own topic regarding this issue and we will be happy to assist you.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Resolved, letters