Photo
- - - - -
Resolved

Uninstall Pagelines - how to?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tanja_L

Tanja_L

• Members

• 29 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:33 AM

I'm a complete Newbie, when it comes to working with Pagelines - and so far it's not working, here in the setup phase.
I have gotten som help from a Pagelines support person - and he took a look at what I was doing, and said everything looked right.

So since my primary sidebar won't show, only when I don't use boxes, and only sometimes - his suggestion was to start over.
As he wrote:

I think the best bet would be to switch back to the default wordpress theme, delete your copy of Pagelines and then download a new copy from your account at www.pagelines.com and then reinstall the theme from scratch, to check nothing was corrupted on the initial install.

I've looked around - but I can't seem to find out how to uninstall pagelines and try again.

Can any of you guys help?

Kind regards, Tanja

Ps. He's been logged in on my site...so I'm pretty sure everything is set up right

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:10 AM

Hi Tanya,

I can't work out what's happening in your install but there's definitely some form of conflict/corruption. Everything in your setup is correct and even with the plugins disabled you can't change from fullwidth to sidebar view etc. We had another customer a couple of weeks ago with a similar problem and reinstalling the Framework fixed the error for them.

In order to reinstall the framework you'll need to switch themes first to the default 2011 theme.

Go into your website in the wp dashboard you'll see a tab called appearances, in that you'll see a drop down for themes. That will take you to a page showing the active Pagelines theme at the top, and the default wordpress themes underneath. Click to activate default Twenty Eleven theme.

Once the Twenty Eleven theme is active, the Pagelines theme will move down into the Available Themes section below. In the bottom right hand corner you'll see a red 'delete' button. This is how you remove the theme.

After this you'll need to log into www.pagelines.com and you'll be taken to your launchpad account, to the page showing 'your products'. Download a new version of the Framework to your desktop as a zip file.

Go back into your website and back into Appearances>Themes. At the very top of the Page you'll see two tabs, the one on the right will say install themes. On the following page click 'upload' in the list which appears and find the zip file you recently downloaded and install. Then activate the new install of Pagelines.

#3 Tanja_L

Tanja_L

• Members

• 29 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:35 AM

Thanks for your quick reply, I have now figured out how to uninstall and install again - great - so far so good. I'll try to see if that solves the issue - or I will be back.

#4 Tanja_L

Tanja_L

• Members

• 29 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:41 AM

I have made a new post - since this question on how to reinstall Pagelines has been answered.
Can I change this post to 'resolved' and if so how?

#5 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17532 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:14 AM

The topic was marked as resolved.