Photo
- - - - -
Resolved

Big problems in IE9 with Framework

framework internet explorer broken

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 richardjacruz

richardjacruz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:00 PM

Attached are some screenshots. The websites are:

blog.botanicchoice.com
maddiemaks.com
westernspringsmasoniclodge1136.com
demolayswordsmen.org

These all use Features on the home page that use a background image yet have a fixed height.

In Internet Explorer 9, each of these websites looks completely wrong. The formatting is incorrect. However, they look find in Google Chrome and in Firefox.

Sincerely,

Rich

Attached Files

#2 richardjacruz

richardjacruz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:51 PM

BTW, interestingly enough, www.demolayswordsmen.org was working just fine until I upgraded to the newest version of Framework today.

#3 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17533 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:37 AM

HI,

I have viewed all your sites in both Adobe Browser Lab and BrowserStack and they all appear to be fine in Internet Explorer 9. Therefore, has this issue been resolved ?

#4 richardjacruz

richardjacruz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:04 PM

Weird. I am still finding this to be a problem. What happens is that IE9 switches to compatibility view. My understanding, looking at other forums out there, is that IE, no matter what version, is not fully supporting LESS. That's the only difference I see from the views I saw before in the older legacy version to what I'm seeing in compatability mode.

I agree that on my other computer running Windows 7 on a 32-bit system and another using a 64-bit system it renders okay. However, the issue on this 64-bit machine and other local computers running 32-bit XP machines are all experiencing these same issues.

Bottom line, not resolved.

#5 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:03 PM

LESS is not css, browsers will never support it, its uncompiled code. We compile the LESS code within the framework and turn it into css for the browser.
Can you post a link to the forums?

How would you like us to resolve it? We dont have any XP machines. Fact is you cant even buy an XP machine if you wanted to! We use browserstack to test sites, we have access to all OS's with all versions of every browser.
Danny tested your urls in IE9 and they all rendered fine.

#6 richardjacruz

richardjacruz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:31 PM

I noticed something about a plugin that you are using to turn your LESS files into CSS for the browser. I'm wondering if that's the issue--maybe that plugin is not working properly for IE.

Hmmm... not sure how to resolve it. I'm glad that they are rendering fine on your machines. I understand, about not being able to buy XP machines--fact is, however, that millions of people are still running XP including a bunch of the folks that are visiting our sites--at least according to Google Analytics and StatPress.

Thanks for being so responsive. Perhaps its something having to do with our internal firewalls at the office that's causing the issue. Not sure.

#7 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:32 PM

Sign up for browserstack yourself, its free and they give you 30 min sessions for free. You can try all browsers.

#8 richardjacruz

richardjacruz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:33 PM

Cool. Will do. Many thanks.

#9 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts