Photo
- - - - -
Resolved

Custom Content Background Color for Single Page

background color single page content content color

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 eidoander

eidoander

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:33 PM

Is there a way to set a custom color, eg "white", for the content of a single page? I have a form plugin that displays it's content on a page that I can specify. I'd like to be able to create a special page that has a special background color (that no other page has) in it's content area. Is there an easy custom code for this, either css or on the page itself so that the content will display on this background color? Thank you for any help you can give!

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:53 PM

Yes, there is a way with custom CSS.

You’ll need to use Custom CSS (in Site Options > Custom Code > Custom CSS). CSS that changes the style of a page element consists of two parts: the selector and the attribute.

Selector: Used to select the page element you want to change (in this case, the page element you want to change is your body background color for a specific page).
Attribute: Property that determines what kind of change you want (you’re changing the background color, so the attribute you want to use is background-color).

To find the selector for the body background color, you'll need to use Firebug (or Chrome Development tools). To learn how to use Firebug for CSS customizations, please read and follow these instructions:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

(You'll need to use the page ID for that specific page, which is found in the <body> tag at the top of your page source so the body tag in the CSS would be in this format: body.page-id-IDNUMBERHERE)

For help with the background color attribute, please see these instructions:
http://w3schools.com/css/css_background.asp

#3 eidoander

eidoander

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:50 AM

Thanks, Catrina! What I want is page specific css. In other words, not how to change the background color (with the selector and attribute -- I know how to do that :), but how to do it on just one and only one page in the site. How do I specify the page? That's what I'm trying to figure out. I know what the page ID is, but I don't know how to specify it in the css and then modify it (using selector and atrtribute) for just that page. Thanks for your help!

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:35 AM

Hi there, just add the page id before the css, like .page-id-2

#5 eidoander

eidoander

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:29 AM