6 replies to this topic

#1 johnlatham

johnlatham

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:32 PM

Hello,

I got interested in Pagelines a while back and what I currently have in my products page is 'Platform Pro' and 'Platform Pro Base'. My first question is why am I seeing the message "Oops, you haven't purchased PageLines Framework. Click here to purchase a Professional or Developer license."? Has 'Framework' replaced Platform Pro? Can I continue to use my Platform Pro download to build websites? And am I right to think that Framework is Platform Pro without a theme attached?

Thanks,

John
  • illiltexy likes this

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:21 PM

In a way, yes, Framework has taken over, but that doesn't mean you can't still use PlatformPro. It's just that no more updates will be made to PlatformPro. Framework. Framework is a framework that allows you to select child themes to work with (or just use the default PageLines Pro theme that comes with it).

#3 johnlatham

johnlatham

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:18 PM

Thank you. Is the Pagelines pro theme that comes with paglines framework similar to platform pro? Its quite confusing!

#4 johnlatham

johnlatham

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:26 PM

Could you please breifly explain each one of these options for me?

PageLines Framework - Developer

PageLines Framework - Developer - Standalone

PageLines Framework - Professional

PageLines Framework - Professional - Standalone

Thank you

#5 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4985 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:00 AM

Hi John

The first pricing is with our Plus Membership which is a monthly service that allows you to receive all of our PageLines built extensions in our PageLines Store, access to our Live Chat right through the PageLines Dashboard and one new PageLines Built product every month along with all major releases to our framework. For further information, visit http://www.pagelines.com/plus/.

The second pricing is without the Plus Membership but still allows you full access to the Framework and our Store to purchase other PageLines products.

Our two Framework editions are Professional and Developer. The difference between PageLines Framework Professional and PageLines Framework Developer is that the Developer version includes integrations for Mediawiki and Vanilla Forum, the ability to use the theme for client development, and Wordpress multi-user support. You may use the Professional edition on domains owned by you or your organization however, the Developer edition must be used for work on clients' sites.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

#6 johnlatham

johnlatham

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:24 PM

What does the Base theme for Frameworks actually look like? Is there a live demo of this?

#7 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators
  • 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.0

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:27 PM

johnlatham There is nothing to preview, its a blank theme, blank stylesheet and blank functions file.