Photo
Resolved

Remove Twitter Bar

Twitter Bar

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 Karoleena Homes

Karoleena Homes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:07 PM

I have just taken over a site for a client.

The site has Platform Pro with Pagelines Base as the child theme.

Also, should I be editing the custom css in the Platform Pro area or should I be going to Appearance > Editor > style.css or base.css and editing those instead?.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Mitch

#2 Karoleena Homes

Karoleena Homes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:18 PM

figured out twitter bar but still need help with css

#3 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17636 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:12 AM

HI,

If you wish to make CSS changes, I recommend you install the Platform Pro Base child themes and add your custom CSS to the style.css file. Do not edit the Platform Pro core files, this will most likely cause errors.

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17636 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:12 AM

The topic was marked as resolved.

#5 Karoleena Homes

Karoleena Homes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:00 PM

Sorry to reply here but I'm confused. The site has Platform Pro as the parent and pagelines base as the child.
Are you saying that it was set up wrong?
That it should be Platform Pro as parent and Platform Pro Base as the child?

In the account I took over, there is Platform Pro Developer and Platform Pro Base.

So, in the Platform Pro module in the WP Dashboard, there is a tab for Custom Code and a box for CSS.
Am I understanding you correctly, as I will need to tell the client this was set up wrong, that I need to replace the Pagelines Base being currently used as a child theme with the Platform Pro Base files?
AND, I should not be continuing to use the Platform Pro module > Custom Code > CSS area for any custom css ----- but use the style.css in the child theme instead?

I sincerely appreciate your help as I hate to have to tell a new client that something was setup incorrectly and I now need to spend time fixing it so it works properly.

Thanks!!

Mitch

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:54 PM

Mitch,

Pagelines Base is a child theme specific for PageLines Framework, which is a totally different product from PlatformPro.

PlatformBase is the child theme for PlatformPro and should be the active theme. PageLines Base should never be used in connection with PlatformPro.

You may absolutely continue using PlatformPro's Custom Code > CSS Rules for custom CSS you wish to add. That works whether using the child theme or not. However, not using the child theme can be problematic.

I should point out that PlatformPro is now a legacy theme and should be promptly replaced with PageLines Framework as soon as possible.

#7 Karoleena Homes

Karoleena Homes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:56 AM

So my client needs to purchase Pagelines Pro or Developer?
IS there an upgrade path since they already own Dev and Pro?

Thanks so very much for your help!

#8 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:26 PM

I don't know what discounts are still available. We had offered clients extensive discounts when we made the conversion in December 2010. I would suggest you write to hello@pagelines.com as we don't handle billing questions here in the forum.

Likely they will be able to offer you a good discount still. If you're the developer, and intend to create several sites with your own account, the Developer edition is right for you. However, if this is just your client, then the Pro edition would be best.

#9 Karoleena Homes

Karoleena Homes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:04 PM

Thanks for all your help! Consider this closed :-)

#10 mackenzie

mackenzie

Advocate

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:17 AM

The topic was marked as resolved.