Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I can't 'pin' images from blog posts

Question

Posted · Report post

When I try to 'pin' an image from one of the blog posts on one of my websites onto my Pinterest board, the only images I can pin are from the carousel. The images on the blog itself show up faded with a message 'Sorry, cannot pin this image'.

Does anyone know why this would happen?

I wondered if the carousel was the problem as I have another PlatformPro site where I don't use the carousel and I can pin from that one.

Is there a known problem or am I overlooking something obvious? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

9 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

When you deactivate the carousel on the site where the problem is happening, can an image be pinned?

Posted · Report post

I've Just given that a go and it didn't make a difference, except, of course, there were no images to pin without the carousel.

Posted · Report post

Are you using NextGen to display images in your posts?

Posted · Report post

No, all images in blogposts are from my flickr account.

Posted · Report post

That's the problem. Pinterest seeks to pick up the images supplied locally. It doesn't want to go from your site to Flickr, then back to your site, then to Pinterest to display the images. The same thing happens with NextGen. I'd suggest posting your images directly to your posts and that should resolve this.

Posted · Report post

Hi there, is this matter resolved? Or do you require further assistance? Please let us know

Posted · Report post

Thanks Danny, I'll get on to that.

Posted · Report post

Thanks Rob, but it isn't that. I've got another PlatformPro site where I don't use a carousel and all the blog post images come from Flickr and I can 'pin' the images in the blog on that one.

Posted · Report post

Hi,

You're using Platform Pro 1.2.3 can you please backup your entire site, database and custom code and then update to the latest version, which is 1.5.3.

We we will be unable to provide support until you have the latest version of Platform Pro installed and active on your site.

Also, have you thought about upgrading to PageLines Framework, as Platform Pro is now considered a legacy theme.