Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • 0

Upgraded from 2.3 to 2.3.2 and my site is hosed


Question

Posted · Report post

I just upgraded from 2.3 to 2.3.2 and now my site layout is completely messed up. The site is:

http://genealogy.org.il/

Quick assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Philip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

I did some testing and suspect the problem is with the Transposh (http://transposh.org/) translation plug-in. I've disabled it and things have seemingly gone back to normal (except for the Special Recent Posts Pro plugin display issue - but I upgraded that when I was trying to fix things, and I think the upgrade to that is responsible for it's problem). I of course would love to get Transposh working again, so if you could look into that I would be grateful. It's an incredible plug-in for creating multi-lingual websites, and I would hate to lose the ability to use it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

Hi,

I will bring this Transposh plugin to our developers attention but we usually recommend WPML.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

Were you able to disable all non-PageLines plugins and see if that resolves your issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

Strange, now I don't see it either via the browser. I see the same white page. The file is in the directory however. I see it via FTP and can edit it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

FYI, it still looks strange in IE9, 8, and 7, similar to problems I've been having.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Please disable W3 Total Cache and see if this resolves your issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

@Richard - I have tested all the sites you linked in your topic on both BrowserStack and Adobe Browser Lab and all your sites looked fine in IE9.

@israelgenealogy - When you view the file via FTP, is there any content in the file such as version number, author etc...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

I deactivated the W3 Total Cache and it still has the same issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

We'll take a look at WPML, but would greatly appreciate it if you could take a look at Transposh, as it works pretty well and allows one to support many languages with first-pass of translations being machine-generated, and then allow real translators to go in and correct them. The difference being that any time a user sets an alternate language, pages that have not yet been translated get translated on the fly using machine translation when that use accesses them. This is not a perfect system, but does open up content to a larger audience, and also is good for drawing in users searching in other languages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

OK,

Can you try disabling all non-PageLines plugins and see if that resolves your issue. If that doesn't work, then add the following code to your wp-config.php file please.


define( 'LESS_FILE_MODE', true );
[/CODE]

Also, have you installed PageLines Framework correctly, as there is nothing located here:

http://genealogy.org...lines/style.css

or here:

http://genealogy.org...lines/style.css

PageLines Framework needs to be installed like so:

wp-content/themes/pagelines

Changing the folder name will cause problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

I checked the installation and the folder name is correct and I see the file at:

http://genealogy.org.il/wordpress/wp-content/themes/pagelines/style.css

I added the:

define( 'LESS_FILE_MODE', true );

line to wp-config and it improved things a bit, but it has messed up the display of another plug-in, where the text is overlaying the thumbnails in Special Recent Posts PRO on the main page.

All of this was working properly in 2.3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites