Photo
- - - - -
Open

Read more link

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

#21 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:59 PM

Well it works in firefox, try lowercase h2

#22 creatov

creatov

Advanced Member

• Members

• 56 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:09 PM

Oké, I see. It works in Firefox (partly) but not in Safari and Chrome.
It does not solve this issue with other anchors have this one, only if I use an H2 after the "more" anchor. And in Firefox I have now just an extra white space to compensate the issue.

#23 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:14 PM

Maybe someone who knows some css maybe able to help a bit more. But to be honest you gonna have to hack about with it.

#24 creatov

creatov

Advanced Member

• Members

• 56 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:16 PM

Thanks for now. I appreciate your help. It's a weird issue Normally I'm able to figure out how to manage things, but I'm stuck in this one. Again, thanks for now. I hope someone is having a great idea!

#25 mackenzie

mackenzie

Advocate

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:39 AM

I'm checking to see if anyone has responded to you or if this was resolved.

#26 creatov

creatov

Advanced Member

• Members

• 56 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:07 AM

The issue is not resolved. It looks like it is a broader issue with a fixed navbar (Like the normal Twitter Bootstrap fixed navbar). There are some hints on developer forums to do some CSS tricks, but that doesn't solve my problem. The first sentences are under the navbar if you use normal anchors in the text (like #wp-comments or #comments or #more or something else).

#27 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:43 PM

I don't know if that component even works in an excerpt. I'd have to to some testing. But it seems illogical, since its purpose is to split content and an excerpt is not content in the whole sense. It's a piece of it. It would be like splitting a description of the post. Why would anyone do it? Give me a day and I'll test this.

#28 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:07 PM

Well, that took me less time than I thought. Actually, the more tag just causes no break in the excerpt and includes the "Continue Reading" which is there by default for excerpts. It will simply not add a divider line and "...More" as expected.

If added to the post, it merely cuts the excerpt earlier than expected without adding any divider line. It did not benefit the full post either.

Considering this, your site is actually working correctly.

#29 creatov

creatov

Advanced Member

• Members

• 56 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:08 AM

Well, of course you can browse all my site. But... also the "normal" link to comments (/#wp-comments of /#disqus_thread) is doing the same. Just check out:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

and you see the form for comments is UNDER the navbar. This is not "working correctly". I cannot imagine I'm the only one with something like this.

The navbar is on top of the content, so you don't see where it starts. The only solution I see is not use a fixed navbar, but I'm not happy with this solution.

#30 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16952 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:50 AM

The issue is that you have reduce the padding-top in your page canvas from 50px to 20px. Removing your customisation will resolve your issue.

#31 creatov

creatov

Advanced Member

• Members

• 56 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:22 AM

Thanks, I've done that. But... it only works properly with some anchor (like #wp-comments) if the padding-top of the page-canvas is 130px... That's really a lot, so this doesn't solve the issue. By the way, it works properly with the smaller bar (like on you smartphone). The same, but now correct.

#32 creatov

creatov

Advanced Member

• Members

• 56 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:39 AM

By the way, the "comments" anchor link in the Pagelines blog doesn't work at all:

doesn't go to the comments. This should be:

There you see exactly the same issue. You don't see the list #comments # people listening and the images. How will you fix it over there?

#33 creatov

creatov

Advanced Member

• Members

• 56 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:23 AM

It's interesting, on this link

you see (because of a little transparency) the line I mentioned behind the fixed navbar.

#34 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:35 PM

It's interesting, on this link

you see (because of a little transparency) the line I mentioned behind the fixed navbar.

This has been fixed in 2.3.4 for comments including livefyre.

#35 creatov

creatov

Advanced Member

• Members

• 56 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:53 PM

Thanks. Hopefully this is part of the solution for me also.

#36 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:45 PM

Did the recent update fix this issue?