Photo
- - - - -
Resolved

PostPins Gutter does not work

PostPins Gutter

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 kwitelle

kwitelle

• Members

• 13 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:16 PM

Hi,

I have just installed the PostPins section. I would like to get the same result as in your PostPins demo page. (

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

)
So, with gutter between the pins and the pins not lining up like a grid but more "organically" like you say in the description. Also in your example the categorie is showing at the top of the pinbox.

What do I get, with default meta settings:
  • no gutter between the pins
  • a line up like a grid,
  • no category showing on the top.

(see:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

) somewhere in the middle of the page.

What could be the problem? I have tried to set the pins width and gutter in the meta settings, but that doesn't work either

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Renards
Christel

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:31 PM

Can you please try deactivating all active plugins and checking your site?

#3 kwitelle

kwitelle

• Members

• 13 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:52 AM

Hello Advocate,

Tried it, but as I thought, it doesn't change a thing. Any other suggestions?

K:)

#4 kwitelle

kwitelle

• Members

• 13 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:57 AM

What I noticed that is different from your example PostPins page is that your pins layout has the style "masonry-brick"assigned to it. That's not the case with my PostPins section. Would be the cause of having that grid layout maybe?

K:)

#5 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17124 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:53 AM

Hi,

From what I can see, you have two copies of PostPins sections active on your page. As far as I am aware, the PostPins section can not be cloned, this is most likely the cause of your issue.

#6 kwitelle

kwitelle

• Members

• 13 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:09 AM

Hi Danny, Yes, I am in the middle of trying to get this to work, so I copied the HTML of your example page in a content box to see what it does, and funny enough the gutter and organic grid works on your layout (partly, not fully) and not in my section. But that is because it seems you have manually postioned your pins. I presume that is not the purpose of your PostPins section. It should work automatically no?

I can give my pins a gutter with CSS but the "organic" fitting doesn't seem to work. It is just a grid layout. Also when you resize the window it really looks strange, not nicely arragend. Plus the pins are also not centered in the page.

So i really don't know what's wrong. Tried everything even reinstalling the sections, etc. Nothing seems to work.

#7 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17124 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:24 AM

Well I have just added the PostPins to a three separate test installations and it works fine, there is no issue with any spacing/gutter. Therefore the issue may be related to either plugins or custom code you have added.

Although you have disabled your plugins, can you remove any custom code you may have added and see if this resolves the issue.

#8 kwitelle

kwitelle

• Members

• 13 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:51 AM

Hi Danny,

Thanks for your time and responds. So, I stripped off everything... no custom nothing anymore, no plugins... still the f**king same. Excuse my french but it is very frustrating. Would it help if I give you acces to my site?

#9 kwitelle

kwitelle

• Members

• 13 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:58 AM

It is working! Apparently it was a small script in the heading of my page that caused the problem.

Sorry to bother you like this. Thanks for your kind help.

Regards
Christel

#10 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17124 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:02 AM

Hi Christel,

Thanks for informing us the issue has been resolved.

The topic was marked as resolved.