4 replies to this topic

#1 dugoni

dugoni

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:44 PM

Hi,
I'm working on a new site using PageLines Pro, and it turns out the design handed off to me has a navbar color scheme that doesn't match any of the preset styles found in the options under "NavBar and Fixed NavBar Theme". I know I could just edit my custom theme plugin CSS file to change the appearance, but I thought it would be good to add our color scheme as an option in this menu. Where would a new navbar theme live in the system?

Thank you!

#2 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 2108 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:26 AM

If you wish to have this type of functionality, you can either use the Nav Classic menu section.

You can use de Nav Classic with the "Simple CSS Lite" plugin found in the PageLines Store to change all parameters.
It's a free plugin that allows you control over the color of the menu.
Simple CSS Lite only works on the standard navigation, it donĀ“t work on NavBar.

#3 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:54 AM

Hi there,

Firstly, We strongly advise you against editing any core sections inside the framework.

However, you could clone the entire section and then tweak this and create your own custom section to create your own range of colors. If creating your own section sounds good, why not join our Developer group?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

The easiest option however would be to download crackbar, as one of our developers has already done this for you. You'll find crack bar here

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Or option three, you could use custom css and paste the css code into Pagelines>Site Options>Custom Code box.
  • dugoni likes this

#4 dugoni

dugoni

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:40 PM

I ended up doing a combination of your suggestions (copied the navbar section into my child theme and edited it, and also edited my Pagelines Customize plugin's CSS. Thanks again!

#5 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:24 PM

Awesome!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: navbar, custom, theme, theming