• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 danielfinn

danielfinn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:36 AM

I was wondeirng if it was possible to add an alt tag the social icons that come with Pagelines as default.

For example, I am using an SEO plug-in which searches through pages and finds thing to improve on. It tells me that each pages has at least one image without an alt tag. As most of my pages don't have images on, I am presuming it is finding the social icons.

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15890 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:04 PM

Hi,

Which Social icons are you referring to, as the ones in the Branding area already have alts tags.

#3 danielfinn

danielfinn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:44 PM

I am referring to the LinkedIn Facebook and twitter icons found at pagelines/siteoptions/headstand footer. On this screen I do not see options to modify alt tags. Is this because they are hard coded.

I am using badass short codes from the pagelines store. Do you know if these include alt tags? Or is this out of the scope of this forum?

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

The alt tags need to be hardcoded for the social icons. I'm not sure if Badass Shortcodes allows alt tags, but you should contact the creator to see:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

(there is a Contact button on the left)

#5 danielfinn

danielfinn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:26 PM

Thanks I will consider using the contact form. If you really wanted to is it possible to rewrite these hardcoded alt tags in CSS? and if so, what would the CSS be?

#6 danielfinn

danielfinn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:26 PM

Thanks I will consider using the contact form. If you really wanted to is it possible to rewrite these hardcoded alt tags in CSS? and if so, what would the CSS be?

#7 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:57 AM

Hi there, unfortunately you can't feed alt text via css, it has to be coded into the HTML. If you contact the developer of the plugin he may be able to offer a workaround for this.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: alt, tag, social, icons, css, seo