Photo
- - - - -

Slider Problems with revolution and royal slider

slider jquery

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 fkpress

fkpress

Advanced Member

• Members

• 41 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:19 AM

hi there, i am trying to use a different then the page line-feature-slider. some with layers like royal slider or revolution slider. both dont work with pagelines.

with firebug i get the following error concerning script.bootstrap.min.js, that comes with pagelines-theme.

TypeError: a("body").on is not a function

can you help me with it?
frank

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:20 PM

It looks like it could be a conflict with the jquery files. I looked up the issue and someone else had a similar issue because their version of Bootstrap was old, but PageLines uses the latest version of Bootstrap so that wouldn't be the problem. You will need the latest version of jquery (1.7+).

#3 fkpress

fkpress

Advanced Member

• Members

• 41 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:40 PM

so you named a possible mistake, that actually is none. so i am helpless as before...

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:33 PM

Frank the error you're getting looks as if CSS is being called in a function.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

body is a CSS element, thus my thinking is, there's an error in some customization or in the code. We've had plenty of clients use 3rd party sliders with little or no problem.

May I ask...
1. Was there any custom CSS or coding necessary for the installation of these plugins?
2. How are the plugins applied to the post or page? Shortcode or PHP code?
3. Was it necessary to alter any core files of PageLines to implement the plugins?

Thanks.

#5 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:43 PM

Try validating your code with this site. It will tell you where the errors are located:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#6 fkpress

fkpress

Advanced Member

• Members

• 41 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:53 PM

this mean, the error output of bootstrap from pagelines can be made by an plugin? not by bootstrap itself?

some css-changes are made, yes.
plugins are aplied via shortcode.
i did not change any corefiles of pagelines.

#7 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:15 AM

It could be that the plugins are creating an error, or, that they're not prepared to deal with CSS LESS. So, my suggestion, based on the error you're getting is to validate the site or page, and the error will be shown. If no errors in HTML, then we will look for CSS errors in another validator.