• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 hireconrad

hireconrad

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:12 PM

Hi,
i am having an issue with spacing between chrome (which looks the way i want it to) and firefox/opera which is adding additional space. I have dug into firebug a lot and cannot figure out why it looks different between browsers.

Please check out my site:
hireconrad.com/hireconrad/buyers/

The issue is located below the "Purchase a Condo" banner and above the "Purchase a House" image.

See attached images displaying the issues.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:50 AM

Hi Conrad

The only way I can seem to get right of the spacing is to use the following code. You might have to tailor it to only work on certain browsers if the results make it look worse in Chrome.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 hireconrad

hireconrad

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:00 AM

@James B,
that code effects all browsers (firefox positively, chrome/safari negatively).

I was playing around with firebug and I found the issue, but not sure why its causing the problem:

their is a paragraph tag above the image, and the following css is effecting it:

p:before {overflow:hidden;}

i have changed it to p:before {overflow:visible;} and it seems to have fixed it.

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15120 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:03 AM

Hi,

It would appear that each of these banners has a custom div and js in them. Therefore, this is not an issue with PageLines banners section but an issue with the custom code that has been added. I would contact the person who add the code. As we can not support third party customisation to our code, sections etc...

To make sure of this, I just created 10 banners on one of my test site's and viewed the spacing on Opera, Safari, FireFox and Chrome the distance is the same.

#5 hireconrad

hireconrad

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:13 PM

i added the div, but i dont even know JS so I didn't add anything extra to whats already there.

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:56 PM

It may simply be, I'm sorry to report, a need to implement custom CSS with this plugin installed and activated:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

It will allow you to implement CSS on a browser basis. You can standardize the code for all the major and minor browsers using it.