colours menu design control

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 bdox

bdox

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:04 PM

I recently purchased the pagelines framework. I previously was using pagelines pro. I am looking for the section for the Design Control to change the colours on the site menu, etc...

I have only been able to locate the basic layout colours.

Please Advise. Thanks, h

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:22 PM

You’ll need to use Custom CSS (in Site Options > Custom Code > Custom CSS). CSS that changes the style of a page element consists of two parts: the selector and the attribute.

Selector: Used to select the page element you want to change.
Attribute: Property that determines what kind of change you want.

To find the selectors you need, you'll need to use Firebug (or Chrome Development tools). To learn how to use Firebug for CSS customizations, please read and follow these instructions:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

For help with the attribute, please see:
http://w3schools.com/css/default.asp

#3 bdox

bdox

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:37 PM

Thanks for the reply.

Perhaps I am mistaken but I thought that this pagelines framework was an upgrade to the platform pro. Did I purchase the wrong theme? I am looking for much the same features that made customizing the colours and framework easy in platform pro. I don't want to use additional plugins or development tools.
If there isn't the same features in the "upgrade" I don't see the point in upgrading. Thanks,h

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:12 PM

PageLines Framework is not upgrade to PlatformPro (PlatformPro no longer has updates). PageLines Framework is a different product with enhancements and features that weren't available in PlatformPro.

#5 bdox

bdox

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:59 PM

Thanks for the reply.
I see that you can add all the elements to the header, body, etc.. now,. At first glance it appears that it functions more or less like platform pro, but it's heavily reliant on plugins and additional editing/development tools, which translates into more time to get the same results in many instances.

#6 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:24 AM

We also have a plugin called Simple Css Lite which will install the color setting options you're used to on the previous setup. You can check out Css Lite here.

#7 bdox

bdox

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:55 AM

Hi, Thanks for the suggestion but the plugin doesn't work for some reason. Do you know how I would change the colour of the footer? I have tried putting #footer { background: #333333; } in the custom code but it doesn't work. Thanks h

#8 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:39 PM

The plugin works with the Nav Classic menu. I suggest using that one, in place of NavBar, for more control over colors.

You can go to Dashboard > PageLines > Drag & Drop... click "Header" and switch NavBar in Active Sections for Nav Classic in Available Sections. Just swap places.

Once you have Nav Classic, the Simple CSS Lite plugin will work to change colors. I use it on my site and it's fantastic.

#9 bdox

bdox

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:16 PM

Thanks for the reply. I am at this point looking to change the footer colour. This link http://www.pagelines...iki/Custom_CSS. is empty. The footer codes that were suggested on the forum are not working. Where exactly should I go to get an answer?

#10 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:41 PM

I just checked the link

and it is active. Can you please check the page again?

#11 bdox

bdox

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:47 PM

Yes, that one works. The previous one didn't. Thanks,

#12 bdox

bdox

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:50 PM

Seriously. Isn't there a simpler way to change the footer colour? I really think it's a bit of overkill for me to have to install an interface and figure out on my own how to do something that in platform pro simple.

#13 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:09 PM

Hi there, unfortunately you'll have to use css in the framework to adjust the colors of the different sections. At the moment the link you've provided shows no content in the footer area. However the css code to change the footer will be something like the below. To change the colors of the various elements we advise you download firebug or chrome dev tools, either of these will be able to assist you in obtaining/correcting the required css.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: colours, menu, design control