quickslider

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 biggles

biggles

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:23 PM

This is my first attempt on a Pagelines themes. I cannot get the quickslider to work correctly. It rescales all my images to full width and makes them proportionally the same height. Any suggestions?

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:45 PM

You need to upload your images that have the same dimensions as the Quickslider (you may need to crop them) or else they won't fit the slider proportionally. There's no way to disable the resizing of images in the slider.

#3 biggles

biggles

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:18 PM

OK, so the slider must be that exact dimensions, you cannot resize it at all?

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4976 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:29 AM

Hi there, that's correct, you'll need to make the images the same size or use the 'features' slider.

#5 olika

olika

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:38 AM

If I use the quickslider in the content area, are there any recommended sizes? As it is now my images are blurry and I am unsure of why. (The images I'm using are 500x200 pixels)

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:37 PM

The images you use in your Quickslider need to share the same dimensions as the Quickslider (which will depend on the size of the slider within the content area).

#7 gokayak1

gokayak1

Advanced Member

• Members

• 71 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:55 AM

I have the same issue in that the images I am adding to the quickslider appear blurry. The site is

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

. The quickslider is the one below the callout.

I have used images at 960px wide, which is the width of the site. Other times using the exact image width has caused issues with blurry images in other sections and the sidebar due to padding being added by the theme. The side bar image issues I resolved by making the images a little smaller than the sidebar including the padding.

That does not seem to work in the quickslider.

I have tried 3 different image widths at 960, 950, and 935px. All are more or less blurry.

Using firebug I have not been able to determine the exact padding or the proper width for imageson a site that is 960px wide.

Does anyone know how to get the images to be sharp in the quickslider?

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 12929 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:43 AM

Right this is what is the issue.

The QuickSlider section is a responsive slider and is 100% of the container its added to. For example, if you have a site width of 960px, and add images to your QuickSlider and these images are lets say for example: 300px wide, then these images will be resized to fit the area of your site which will cause the images to appear blurry.

Therefore, you have a number of options, either use the PageLines Grid and Carousel shortcode or increase the images sizes, so that they don't get resized.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: quickslider