3 replies to this topic

#1 justinn

justinn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:07 PM

Hi.

I'm developing a site for a client using the latest release of Pagelines and they'd like to have a post covering their latest issue of their magazine kept sticky on the front page. The sticky part is easy and working fine along with the rest of the site. What I can't figure out is how to display the full content of that post on the front page only and have the rest display as excerpts only.

The front page as it stands now is here

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I now need to get this post to show in full on the front page with its subscribe button etc so visitors are encouraged to subscribe etc.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. :)

Kind regards

Justin

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:41 PM

There isn't a setting available for making the full width post a full post. This looks like something that needs to be done with code. You may want to contact a Pro about how to approach this customization:

#3 justinn

justinn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:04 PM

Hi Catrina,

Thanks I'll drop one of them a line. I either need to show the sticky post in full, or show a page there instead with excerpts from all the latest blog posts underneath. Is it possible to do it that way do you think?

Thanks

Justin

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16316 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:39 AM

Hi,

It maybe possible, I would imagine you would probably need to create a custom section for this type of functionality. Therefore, contacting one of the Pros would be the best suggestion.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: full, post, content, front, page, excerpt, home page