• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 Elizabeth

Elizabeth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:25 PM

Another update. Simon's just discovered that disabling my child theme makes everything work. This is good as it's clearly something I've done. Will update once I've figured out where I've gone wrong.

#42 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:39 PM

If that's the case, clearly there's something corrupted in the child theme. That could be a cloned section, bad hook or bad CSS. May I suggest validating the code you've added through one of the various validators online? There are CSS and HTML validators that are free and can read your pasted code.

#43 Elizabeth

Elizabeth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:09 AM

I don't have any cloned sections. When I remove everything from my functions.php file, the problem is still there. However, if I remove the style.less file it sorts everything out. When I look back through this thread I had identified this early on but got distracted away from this with all the talk about it being a hosting problem.

I remember asking someone to check through my style.less file for me at one point (I think in Live Chat) and they said there was no problem with it. I know there are CSS and HTML validators but what about LESS?

Anyway, digging further into this problem I have discovered that:

If I have only this:
h2 {
font-family: @plBaseFont;
}

in my LESS file, and I save the Pagelines settings and go to my site, everything looks fine. However, the moment I navigate to another page an orange 'LESS Compile error!' shows up. If I click on that it says "Pagelines Core LESS/CSS error pass error: failed at '"

My Pagelines settings, however, are still there at this stage.

I've never seen this error before so I guess some sort of debugging has been swtiched on.

If I add this to the top of my LESS FILE:
@dark-blue: #023867;

and then save my Pagelines settings and return to the site, initially everything looks fine but this time when I navigate to another page my settings disappear but I don't get the orange 'LESS Compile error!'

If my LESS file has the following in it:

h2 {
}

and I then save my Pagelines settings and then return to the site, initially everything looks fine but when I navigate to another page I get the orange 'LESS Compile error!' but my settings remain in place.

Any ideas?

#44 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17966 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:47 AM

When you asked in Live chat, you spoke to me, I informed you that I gave your code a quick glance and couldn't see any error. However, if I remember correctly, I informed you to review your CSS for any errors which I may have missed, as LESS CSS is less forgiving than standard CSS.

Are you saying that you only have the following code to your style.less and this is causing a Parse Error ?

h2 {
}

#45 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:06 AM

Might be this @dark-blue: #023867; as dark-blue isnt used anywhere anyway

#46 Elizabeth

Elizabeth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:48 PM

When you asked in Live chat, you spoke to me, I informed you that I gave your code a quick glance and couldn't see any error. However, if I remember correctly, I informed you to review your CSS for any errors which I may have missed, as LESS CSS is less forgiving than standard CSS.

Are you saying that you only have the following code to your style.less and this is causing a Parse Error ?

h2 {
}

Yes, that's what I'm saying.

#47 saskiaps

saskiaps

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:06 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm experiencing the same issue that Elizabeth posted here; the settings of one of my sites (www.odb-tuinaanleg.nl) keep getting lost. I've exported the latest version of the settings and import them every time they are wiped away, but I'd rather have them stay in place of course.

FYI the site is hosted on a dedicated webserver. This is the second website I have created with Pagelines, but we've build and host several websites based on WordPress and have had no trouble before.

I'll be happy to provide you with more details if needed.

Regards, Saskia

#48 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17966 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:20 AM

@Saskia,

We never got to the bottom of this issue, as I fail to see how a LESS CSS error could cause the problems Elizabeth was having. I made several attempts to recreate this issue using bad CSS and not once did my sites settings wipe or revert to default.

Therefore, as this is an old topic with numerous pages. Would it possible for you to create a new topic and provide the following information please:

A link to the site in question with PageLines debug mode enabled (PageLines > Site Options > Advanced)

Disable all non-PageLines plugins.

Provide your PHP info - 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content