Photo
- - - - -

Jigoshop for Pagelines Broken. Can't add items to cart.

jigoshop ecommerce

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 lakersalex

lakersalex

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:20 PM

If you look at the website

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

you'll see that I cannot add items to the cart.

What do I do? Is this a cookies problem? Or permissions?

When I first started building the site, I added 1 product and successfully made a purchase. I don't know what has changed.

I changed the settings to force users to the cart when they add a product. that worked sorta, but when i go to checkout, it says cart empty.

I updated to the latest jigoshop, and am running current wordpress and pagelines framework as well. I disabled all plugins and it still didn't work. Here's system info from Jigoshop.

### Begin System Info ###

Multi-site: No

SITE_URL:

HOME_URL:

Jigoshop Version: 1.4.1
WordPress Version: 3.4.2

Platform: Apple
Browser Name: Chrome
Browser Version: 21.0.1180.89
User Agent String: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Ma
c OS X 10_6_8) AppleWebKit/537.1
(KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/21.0
.1180.89 Safari/537.1

PHP Version: 5.3.13
MySQL Version: 5.5.21-log
Web Server Info: Apache

PHP Memory Limit: 64M
PHP Post Max Size: 8M

WP_DEBUG: Disabled

WP Table Prefix: Length: 5 Status: Acceptable

Show On Front: page
Page On Front: 2
Page For Posts: 105

Session: Enabled
Session Name: PHPSESSID
Cookie Path: /
Save Path: /tmp
Use Cookies: On
Use Only Cookies: On

UPLOAD_MAX_FILESIZE: 2MB
POST_MAX_SIZE: 8MB
WordPress Memory Limit: 32MB
WP_DEBUG: Off
DISPLAY ERRORS: On (1)
FSOCKOPEN: Your server supports fsockopen.

ACTIVE PLUGINS:

Better WP Security: 3.4.4
Contact Form 7: 3.3
Jigoshop: 1.4.1
Jigoshop for PageLines: 1.4.7
Jigoshop UPS Shipping Method: 1.0.6
Pagelines Customize: 1.1.1
Pagelines Sections: 1.0
Regenerate Thumbnails: 2.2.3
Shadowbox JS: 3.0.3.10.2
Ultimate Coming Soon Page: 1.5.2
Wordfence Security: 3.2.7

CURRENT THEME:

PageLines Framework: 2.3

### End System Info ###

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:35 PM

Just to verify, you followed all the information/instructions found here?

Has anything been updated?

#3 lakersalex

lakersalex

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:08 AM

Yes, setup Jigoshop according to the directions on that page, 100%. Nothing has been updated, except installing latest wordpress, framework and jigoshop. The theme, plugin and wordpress are all up to date.

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17966 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:14 AM

Hi,

Can you please disable all non-PageLines plugins except for JigoShop, can you add items to your cart now ?

#5 lakersalex

lakersalex

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:15 PM

Danny, it turns out you are right. Shadowbox JS is at least 1 plugin that's disrupting the cart. I'm trying to at least restore the security plugins while keeping the site working. Thank you!

#6 lakersalex

lakersalex

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:15 PM

I don't recall installing Shadowbox JS, was it bundled with Jigoshop or Pagelines?

#7 lakersalex

lakersalex

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:42 AM

Danny, my mistake, it's still not working properly.

The products now stay in cart, but when I try to checkout, as soon as I start entering my phone number in the billing information form, POOF! The cart empties and I get the error:

"Sorry, your session has expired."

Jigoshop's business model seems to rely on limiting support of their product only to those who pay a hefty one time fee or a reasonable monthly service charge to gain access to a private "Premium" support area. Doesn't this create a disincentive to solve bugs and issues in an open forum where the most possible minds can contribute to solving common problems? I know this is cynical, but with that business model, it's in their economic interest to have poor documentation, and perhaps include a few "glitches" that require the use of a premium support section to get the system working. I don't think that's what they're doing, but I would much rather pay a for their product, like I do with Pagelines, and get a kick ass product with solid support. I went with Jigoshop because Pagelines was standing behind them as a solid ecommerce solution. From the looks of it, this is true, but a recurring glitch that has affected multiple users without a documented solution is disappointing to say the least. From the looks of the forums, this problem has come up a few times before, yet the docs don't mention it. FAQ falls short IMO.

Pagelines staff was chiming in with help within hours of my post. Jigoshop has yet to address my posts, and I paid for premium support. Really hoping I can get this sorted out within the next 48 hours.

At this point I'm all in, so fingers crossed I can get the help I need to get this working in the next 48 hours.

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17966 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:54 PM

Hi,

This isn't something we can assist you with unfortunately, this is most certainly an issue with JigoShop and not related to PageLines. Therefore, the best course of action would be to contact their support again and inform them of the issue you're having.

All the PageLines/JigoShop plugin does, is styles JigoShop to match PageLines, it doesn't touch the JigoShop code.

#9 lakersalex

lakersalex

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:04 PM

Thanks Danny. I appreciate the excellent support I get from Pagelines. Jigoshop support is finally ramping up so I am hopeful I can get this site launched in time.

#10 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:22 PM

Do you need further assistance with anything else?

#11 lakersalex

lakersalex

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:35 PM

not related to this, but since you're asking ;)

i'd like to vote for a pagelines navigation centering option in the next upgrade. see my haphazard use of left margin to make it sorta work here:

#12 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:28 AM

Hi, you may want to try our NavBar instead of Nav Classic, as this has an automated centering option.