5 replies to this topic

#1 lmorrell

lmorrell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:20 PM

Hi
I have followed the instructions to upload a font to my site. The cufon site generated the file, but then the instructions are to upload it to the theme folder. Its not working so i am guessing I have placed it in the wrong place. Could you give more exact instruction about where the file should be placed.

Cheers Lesley

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:26 PM

You may FTP the font file up to your site via your FTP client (Filezilla or a built in file manager in your hosting package will do). Make a note of the URL where you place the font. Such as

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

The font can be outside the WP installation. As long as you have the full URL, you can apply the proper code provided by Cufon to Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Custom Code > Header Scripts. Save your settings.

The font will replace whatever tag it's set to. The default I believe is <h1>.

#3 lmorrell

lmorrell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:08 AM

Hi,

I am not sure where the I find 'the proper code provided by Cufon' If you have any more advice I would apreciate this, but if not, I think I will 'write off' this idea for now and try again another time. I have plenty of other things to get on with! I would like to acheive this because it will make my site look more professional but its not vital.
Cheers
Lesley

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15120 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:48 AM

Hi Lesley,

All you need to do is go to the Cufon website, generate your font and then download the font file. Then upload it to your website and add the URL to the font file, in PageLines > Site Options > Typography > Cufon: Replacement Font File URL.

Also be sure to enable Cufon, this setting can be found above the Cufon: Replacement Font File URL option.

#5 lmorrell

lmorrell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:53 AM

Thanks, yes I've done all this, I must have a mistake, I will try again later, thanks

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15120 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:09 PM

Ok, keep us posted!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cufon