twitter pagelines help technical support script error twitter bar section

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 telkins

telkins

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:11 PM

Hello. The site I am currently building, www.dev.chatham.bladv.com is using the Twitter Bar Section found in the Pagelines Store. (The section is at the bottom of each page)

For the most part, I cannot get the section to display tweets. If I remove the section and add it back in, it will sometimes work.

However, when the section displays a tweet, it refused to update. It will continually show the same tweet until I remove the section and add it back in.

I have used this section on another site I am building, www.dev.rmia.bladv.com and it works just fine.

Does anyone have ANY ideas why this isn't working? I have tried turning off all WP plugins and it still doesn't work correctly. Also, I have tried using the standard Pagelines twitter feed and it doesn't seem to work correctly either.

Thanks so much.

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:19 PM

Did you include your Twitter account properly in Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Website Setup under "Twitter Integration"?

Do you have a Twitter account? Are there tweets posted there?

#3 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:22 PM

It only updates every 900s and only if your server isnt blocked from the twitter api, your server has nearly 300 different sites including some which have 'questionable' content, twitter may have blocked the IP.

#4 telkins

telkins

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:51 PM

@Rob, yes I have the site options configured for the correct Twitter feed but it is still not updating.

@Simon, any ideas as to how I might fix this? The weird thing is that I have this same Twitter Profile section running on another website and it's working fine.

Anything I can do to FORCE it to update?

#5 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:56 PM

re the 2 sites on the exact same server? If you provide the urls i can check for you.

#6 telkins

telkins

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:58 PM

yes they are on the same server

this twitter profile isn't working: www.dev.chatham.bladv.com

this twitter is working: www.dev.rmia.bladv.com

#7 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:15 PM

Maybe thats the problem then there are nearly 300 other domains on that server, which pretty much guarantees twitter will rate limit requests.

#8 telkins

telkins

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:32 PM

Do I need to contact Twitter and ask if our server was blocked? Is there any other way?

#9 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:12 PM

Its very unlikely its blocks, as one of the sites works, probably its rate limited. Contacting them may help, but they will just say you have 300+ websites all on the same IP.

#10 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:13 PM

You may need get in touch with Twitter support although I'm not certain what they can do on their end.

#11 telkins

telkins

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:48 PM

Actually, it would appear that both sites have stopped updating Twitter feeds. I will contact Twitter to see if my IP has been blocked. Is there a better way of embedding a Twitter feed in a Pagelines site, or are the Twitter plugins the best way to accomplish this?

#12 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:00 PM

Well twitter do provide a javascript snippet that you could insert into a text widget, how it looks is anybodys guess. Yes there are quite a few plugins too.

#13 sespinal

sespinal

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:03 PM

The Twitter java script doesn't work either. I am having the same problem!

#14 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:10 PM

The twitter javascript provided by twitter will work, it runs clientside in your browser.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: twitter, pagelines, help, technical support, script error, twitter bar section