#1 srivas

srivas

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:24 AM

Hello everyone,
I'm working on a site hosted on a server that allows me to version control my wordpress install with git. I cloned my git repo from my web host using Tower and I managed to get my wordpress install working locally with MAMP. I'm able to add plugins, themes and make code changes to files and push those changes from my local installation to my live site with Tower and a git push command. The problem I'm having is that when I make changes to Framework like adding more columns to the footer, changing the Framework from blog layout to magazine layout, activating a plugin or moving widgets around, I can't seem to be able to push those changes to my live site. So I guess my question is, am I going to have to test changes that are not file or folder addition/deletion/changes in my local development to see if they work and then go to my live installation and redo all the work? Or is there something I'm missing that will allow me to push changes like changing the NavBar color from black to red in my local development to my live site? Any help with this will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Steve

Using:
OS X Mountain Lion
Wordpress 3.4.2
Pagelines Framework 2.3
MAMP 2.1.1
Tower 1.4.11

#2 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators
  • 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.0

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:14 PM

All the options are stored in the wordpress database, so pushing to remote will not sync the databases.

You may be beter off asking something like this on the wp.org forums or the wp-hackers mailing list as the answer will be the same for any theme.

All theme/plugin page/post in fact ALL settings are stored in the database.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: git, github, version control, local development, MAMP