Photo
- - - - -
Resolved

Style Sheet Missing

Style Sheet

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#21 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:14 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Well sorry your host has the same restrictions as the OP, PageLines does not use ANY custom code for the update, we just tell wordpress where to grab the zip, it does the rest.

#22 brightgreenhomes

brightgreenhomes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:42 AM

Thanks Stebac - I love the way developers make pronouncements like "Updating a theme would not cause the 2010 and 2011 theme folders to become empty." when CLEARLY it does happen.... it must be something to do with the host/program/user interface but it clearly DOES happen. Its nice to know i'm not the only one.

Ok - so I have used filezilla to replace all the files in the pagelines theme... and hurrah we have a site back - not quite as it was but its a start... thanks...

now it asked me to update to pagelines 2.3... which (after first attempt not working and deleting all the files in the theme on my host again - reloading and starting again).... worked, then these error messages appeared:

Can someone please explain what they mean - thanks.

Notice: has_cap was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 2.0! Usage of user levels by plugins and themes is deprecated. Use roles and capabilities instead. in /content/Hosting/b/h/bhesco.co.uk/web/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2722

Notice: has_cap was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 2.0! Usage of user levels by plugins and themes is deprecated. Use roles and capabilities instead. in /content/Hosting/b/h/bhesco.co.uk/web/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2722

Notice: Undefined index: update in /content/Hosting/b/h/bhesco.co.uk/web/wp-content/plugins/cforms/cforms.php(48) : runtime-created function on line 1
It’s so nice to have you back where you belong

Notice: Undefined index: update in /content/Hosting/b/h/bhesco.co.uk/web/wp-content/plugins/cforms/cforms-options.php on line 13

Notice: Undefined index: cforms_confirmerr in /content/Hosting/b/h/bhesco.co.uk/web/wp-content/plugins/cforms/lib_options_err.php on line 3

#23 brightgreenhomes

brightgreenhomes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:45 AM

oh, and deactivating all of the plugins to see if this is the problem ends up leaving me with a white page that says:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /content/Hosting/b/h/bhesco.co.uk/web/wp-includes/functions.php:2722) in /content/Hosting/b/h/bhesco.co.uk/web/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 881

#24 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:58 PM

Well that error is caused by a plugin, using code that was deprecated in 2.0 of wordpress, which was 7 years ago.
Id turn off WP_DEBUG now, most plugin devs do not use debug and their code is sloppy.

#25 brightgreenhomes

brightgreenhomes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:54 PM

HI,
OK - so the site is up and running again and I have turned off the debug:

But there is another new error message -

PageLines Sections LESS/CSS error.
expected color value: failed at `color: fadeout(@authorplusHeadingColor, 70%);` line: 2879

It doesn't seem to be having a massively detrimental effect, but nonetheless it would be nice to resolve...

we are getting there!! phew...

#26 brightgreenhomes

brightgreenhomes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:29 PM

ah... well, confusingly - I have been playing around with the site and change the header colours ever so slightly and this seemed to resolve the LESS/CSS error...
thanks everyone for your input - very frustrating few days but all's well that ends well...

cheers

#27 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:13 PM

Just wondering if anyone else in this thread still needs further assistance?

#28 stebac

stebac

• Members

• 8 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:57 PM

No, but thank you very much.

#29 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17533 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:53 AM

@Stebac,

Can you please create a new topic and in this new topic provide a link to your website which you're having trouble with and we will assist you.

#30 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17533 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:53 AM

The topic was marked as resolved.